SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a bolt just sitting in my engine compartment the other day, wedged between the steering column and the bracket for the brake booster. The bolt was identical to the bolts that are on the power steering rack that connect the two hardlines to either side of the rack. Is there any other place on the engine that uses those kind of bolts. I need to find out where it came from its killing me. Thanks!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
900SEed said:
I found a bolt just sitting in my engine compartment the other day, wedged between the steering column and the bracket for the brake booster. The bolt was identical to the bolts that are on the power steering rack that connect the two hard-lines to either side of the rack. Is there any other place on the engine that uses those kind of bolts. I need to find out where it came from its killing me. Thanks!
A possibility exists that the car was built that way, the assembler was in a hurry, dropped it, could not see it and used another...
Similar to the surgeon sewing up his scissors inside the patient ...
And I have dropped many things...

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I agree with earthworm. Also, i've dropped bolts myself when doing repairs and never recovered them. I just bought new ones. When I got my transmission replaced last winter, my mechanic handed me one of my wrenches that had been lodged somewhere. Still, it's worth taking a good look all around for a missing bolt.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i was thinking the same thing, that some mechanic lost it and just used a new one.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Do the inspection

Assure that no fluid line can move excessively, that no electric harness can move into dangerous territory and be frayed on a sharp edge.
All of the brackets and stand-offs have a purpose; sometimes I think the factory does not supply enough of them.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts