SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you might remember my purchase dilemma of Aero vs. CS and that I went with the CS since it was better maintained. Anyway, I got the car.

So I am now trying to prioritize things to repair and maintain to keep this beautiful baby on the road. I will need a blower motor at some point (it's squeaking), maybe shocks (they are good but it's one of the things that's not changed yet) etc.

One mystery that I cannot figure out though, is this squeaking sound coming from the passenger side. It sounds more internal than external, I've traced it to be somewhere near the passenger air bag compartment area (where glove box would be for a normal car). It squeaks when the car is going through a certain vibration, like certain kinds of bumps or at certain speeds. Sometimes it'd go away altogether, I cannot figure out any patterns to what caused it to disappear, maybe temperature?

Anyone have any idea what this might be? Should I prioritize it before the blower motor since that will probably be a major repair (4-5 hours?).

Thanks!

matt

P.S. It is a 1995 9000 CS

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it anymore than I worry about the rustling I sometimes get from the air vents, or the rattle from the back passenger seat even when the children aren't in the car.

The blower motor shouldn't take you that long. ;)

David.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
the heater motor is a complete git to replace if you have air con' but it should still only take an hour or so, as for the squeak take a look at the screws that hold the centre consol to the dash if they are loose you will get a squeak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts