SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..finally did it.

Aux installed by dealer.

Ran Aux cable from center console to underneath ashtray behind panels.

Ran XM ant. from decklid through weatherstripping, under glove box to kick panel and under ashtray.

Removed ashtray and replaced with shelf.

XM power cord is too short so I must plug it in by the shelf and not in the center console.

Bought phone cradle holder and used it for skyfi mount.

Check it out.

Worst part....pulling the clip out that holds wire in back of ashtray....

Here are some pics....

Phone cradle and instructions

Ashtray out..notice on left side the clip holding cable in...***** to get out

Shelf in, cradle mounted and skyfi mount glued on

Skyfi2 mounted

Skyfi2 mounted at night

I think it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
looks like a good install man, I smimmed but does your rubber mat lay flat like that?

If not, could you not jusr run the wires down the kick panel on the passanger side?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CallipNCSUsaab said:
looks like a good install man, I smimmed but does your rubber mat lay flat like that?

If not, could you not jusr run the wires down the kick panel on the passanger side?
Yeah..it's not flat.

I was running short on daylight....started a 6:45 after work...had the top down for most light.

I may just bring them out the kickpanel right into the cradle or create a slice in the mat to allow them to come through and not disturb the mat.

I wanted to get it in and activated for the weekend. Will be doing some driving with it and wanted it working.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rdj92807 said:
Do you have a lock on your glove box? My 04 does not.
Yes, I do.

I didn't have a passenger side door lock switch though. *****ed to the saleman and he had one installed for me.

I got it in May of '04. Came from a dealer in CT who had it since end of March I think.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
now all we have to do is figure out how to rig the dimming circuitry into these aux devices. My phone sits where you have your skyfi2 installed and is like a giant glowing beacon at night when its plugged in ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
XM & iPod?

Can you still use the AUX port in the center console?

I'm contemplating doing the same thing you did, but still need the iPod to work too. You can never have too many options...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have it connected tothe AUX port in the center console.

Plugged in their, feed through the coin holder, down inside the kick panel and then up in front of the shifter. All hidden but connected in the armrest.

I can still connect my ipod. Unplug the aux cable from the cradle and then into the Ipod headphone jack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts