SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer looking at the new 08's
they did not have an Aero, but I noticed the the lower skirting/ground effects on the 2.0T are bumped out slightly. similar to earlier years (2003-2007)Aeros/vectors.
I am just looked at the saabusa website, and it appears that both 4 cyls and Aeros will have the same ground effects - THAT IS NOT COOL.
I am sooooo glad I got an 07 AERO.
that kick but skirting was a main reason for an AERO -
they softened it for MY08 and put it on all 9-3 models???
run guys and get an 07 while supplies last.
the incentives are great.
some reasons i bought an 07 AERO
wheels
skirts
6 cyl
I am sure this new model will appeal to some, it is just not my thing.
I asked a salesguy what he thought about the new body.
He really hesitated and kind of stammered and said,
"uh, I, I like it. - no really, I like it, um the uh, front is different, um and it needed a change. no really I do like it."
I was not convinced.
hopefully in 4 years when I need an upgrade there will be a new body out, but saab takes a long time on redeisgns and I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I noticed the '08 Aero also did not have the rear spoiler unless you get the Turbo X. It seems the standard Aero got slightly downgraded and price went up. I too am glad I got an '07 Aero! :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swede said:
I noticed the '08 Aero also did not have the rear spoiler unless you get the Turbo X. It seems the standard Aero got slightly downgraded and price went up. I too am glad I got an '07 Aero! :D
Yikes
I did not even notice.
that is a catastophe.
I bout the Euro spoiler for my ARC back in 03 and I guess that is what people would have to do now for the Aero.
major bummer.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A new 9-3 Should appear in late 2010 as a 2011 is what all the car-rags are disclosing. The Saab cycle to new cars needs to get shortened.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Is it just me, or do the rear lights remind anyone else of the old Accords with the black surrounds on the tail lights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts