SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Long-time Saab fan but brand new owner.

Recently picked up an used 06 9-3 2.0T SC from Dueck Richmond and it came with 16" winter tires on them.

Needless to say I need to find it some summer shoes. Most recommend going 17".

Went around the block inquiring and the price range is huge.

Today I dropped by OK Tire in Vancouver and spoke to Brad the owner, he cautioned me about putting aftermarket wheels on Saabs because of the unique configuration Saabs have and from his experience, there will be vibrations with most aftermarket wheels.

What I found confusing at that point is how is it possible for other guys like NTW, Kaltire to find a slew of wheels that will fit?

On to the tires, Brad recommended Toyo Proxes 4 and I've also heard other ones likes Yoko 520, Nitto Neo Gen - which are around the same price range.

I notice there are a lot of fellow Saab owners out there with aftermarket rims. Would you be so kind to share some of your experiences that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Long-time Saab fan but brand new owner.

Recently picked up an used 06 9-3 2.0T SC from Dueck Richmond and it came with 16" winter tires on them.

Needless to say I need to find it some summer shoes. Most recommend going 17".

Went around the block inquiring and the price range is huge.

Today I dropped by OK Tire in Vancouver and spoke to Brad the owner, he cautioned me about putting aftermarket wheels on Saabs because of the unique configuration Saabs have and from his experience, there will be vibrations with most aftermarket wheels.

What I found confusing at that point is how is it possible for other guys like NTW, Kaltire to find a slew of wheels that will fit?

On to the tires, Brad recommended Toyo Proxes 4 and I've also heard other ones likes Yoko 520, Nitto Neo Gen - which are around the same price range.

I notice there are a lot of fellow Saab owners out there with aftermarket rims. Would you be so kind to share some of your experiences that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Im running the Nitto NeoGen 245/35 R19 they are fairly good (especially for the price I paid for them) great dry traction, decent wet traction. They have never seen snow, although they are considered a high performance all weather tire (they are M+S rated) I run my 16 inch stockers in the winter so I dont have to worry about just spinning them in the winter hehehe

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Well balancing tires on the 9-3 SS/SC for some reason is a real PITA!

They do have a unique hub structure for whatever reason and whatever that means.
Discount Tire has many selections of wheels and tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts