SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having problems with the wire the winds ur window up and down snapping? This is the third time in less than 12 months that ive had to replace the ENTIRE window mechanism. Are you supposed to align it? or do some sort of hippy dance involving midgets for it to work properly.

I've had enough of this atm cause it means i spend money on unnecessary parts where i can spend it elsewhere instead.

Any advice you guys can provide to prevent problems like this again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
T-Styles said:
Is anyone else having problems with the wire the winds ur window up and down snapping? This is the third time in less than 12 months that ive had to replace the ENTIRE window mechanism. Are you supposed to align it? or do some sort of hippy dance involving midgets for it to work properly.

I've had enough of this atm cause it means i spend money on unnecessary parts where i can spend it elsewhere instead.

Any advice you guys can provide to prevent problems like this again?

have a look to see if the window is not catching on any of the window seals or rubbers. there may be unneccesary tension on the window regulator cable causing it to snap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,137 Posts
Yea, 3 times in a row? theres a problem with how its being installed, or how its operating.

Anyone know why my window likes to go up and out of the door towards the outside world?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
If you are handy, you can save yourself a lot of money and just buy the cable here. I did it for my front windows because the cable snapped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
987 Posts
boon94 said:
Yea, 3 times in a row? theres a problem with how its being installed, or how its operating.
X2



boon94 said:
Anyone know why my window likes to go up and out of the door towards the outside world?
X2
Mine has only done it a few times but still it's enough to ruin a guys afternoon when your car does something stupid and unexplained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
boon94 said:
Anyone know why my window likes to go up and out of the door towards the outside world?
Sounds like it is not aligned in the runners properly. You will need to alter the angle of the metal guides inside so that it follows the window rubbers up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
boon94 said:
Anyone know why my window likes to go up and out of the door towards the outside world?
It is common for the welds to break on the window regulator runner, this is the runner right in the middle of the door. most commonly they break at the bottom mount but it can break at the top too.

When the bottom weld breaks this causes the window to come out of your door.

They are made of galvanized steel so the factory welds arent that strong. I got mine welded back together by a friend but you can just unbolt your regulator assembly and replace it with another one.

Lewis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
boon94 said:
ehh i'll wait till it really breaks, I just have to guide it while it goes up for the time being
I cable tied mine for a while until I could be bothered to fix it, meant I couldn't open it fully for a while though... its a nice easy fix to do but it means taking the door panel off obviously.



Lewis
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top