SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this bone stock 1999 9-3 LB Viggen last month it was suppose to be my new daily driver and i was planning on keeping it fairly sock but it did not happen, i kept getting used performance parts dropping into my lap lol. I will be updating this thread like my other 9-5 build might this one might not be as active :)

Here are some picture of mods so far and parts i have gotten

How it currently sits

Friends OZ rims

My 9-5s rims

My new winter rims

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had some time while the car was not driving so i cleaned up the engine bay and painted some parts :)

The good old parts order you have to make when you buy a new saab

Genuine saab order, intake shortshifter and some goodies

Picked up this genuine saab hatch brace for very cheap second hand

Also scored this second hand Genuine saab catless 3'' downpipe for about 1/3 the price and some t5 cams for cheap

Picked up these new ( installed for a week on a friends car ) Bilstien b8 shocks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Picked up some second hand eibach lowering springs from two different friends of mine ahah also my GS engine and transmission mounts came in, cant wait to install them.

Congrats on the new ride! looking good you have scored some major bits and pieces for it on the cheep! keep us posted.

Thanks
Robin

Thank you, will do :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Installed my genuine saab engine mounts, the main engine mount was extremely beat and the transmission mount was not in bad shape but very loose from factory. The car feels great shifting is much smoother and it feels like the clutch travels less and grabs more.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Don't forget the Steering Rack Brace and larger rear ARB! Installing these made my Viggen much friendlier to drive.

The GS transmission mount took away most of the "Magical Mystery Shifter" feel.

My car also came with those 16-inch SE wheels. What gives with those on a Viggen? Since replaced with 17-inch wheels from a 9-3SS Aero, the Y-spoke style.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah all of the GS catalog parts will eventually make its way onto the car. I have the rack brace coming shortly, I plan on doing all of the bushings in the summer time with polyurethane also going to get the rear race mount next time around.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Saabarina! I'm digging it! Glad you found a nice viggen platform to build off. I just couldn't find one, despite being here in CA. Either totally thrashed or asking more than they ought to be. So, went with a 99 HOT model...and building it up now.

Hilarious. You finish your 9-5, as do I, then we both get 9-3s to build. Awesome.

Looking forward to how this thing turns out...it's already looking cleaner than mine, esp that engine bay! ;ol;

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It needed some love but im all about that ahah i saw over year ago my buddy wanted to look at it but he passed because it needed a decent amount of work, i went to go buy some seats for the 9-5 and i saw it again and said screw it i will buy it :D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So i installed the suspension bits into the car sits pretty low but the tires are also over sized need to test out some proper profile tires out :)

thanks fellas i got some really good deals so i could not refuse.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Saabarina... still loving your project. Let me know how you end up liking the Sport B8's on there.

I'm running the Koni adjustable with Koni lowered springs, but if they're worn, looking to go back to Bilstein, and I know the ride quality of the HD's on my 9-5, but curious if I'd like the B8's more on the 9-3 platform to keep inline with the edginess more?

Also, I'll stay tuned on the tire size selection stuff too. I'm wanting to see what I can get away with, tire and wheel size. I'd like to be able to run a 17x8 and like a 225 tire. How do the spacers help you on this car exactly?

Wondering where you'll end up.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you :) it feels vert planted pretty similar to my 9-5 still have to do the bushings and a the 6 pt brace and the suspension portion is done :) il be looking for 18x8 rims and probably run a 235/40/18 tire. The spacers just help add some width to these thin stock rims ahah

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.