SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was driving to work (a little late) Monday morning. It's about 6:30am, still dark out, and wet from the night's rain. She swerves to miss a deer. Bad move, yes, much better to slam the brakes and hold on tight. Anywho, she goes from the left lane, to the right lane, to the grass. Ran straight over a light post, hit a tree with the left side of the car, and that combined with the right-ward incline, it flipped the car into the tree.

Considering what she did, she's very lucky. Only broke her toe, heel, and collarbone.

Really let the car have it though. Now I have to convince her to buy a nice, safe Saab.

Here's the rest of the pics.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Wow, glad she's ok. I remember when my dad got in an accident... scary. She looked really messed up in the first pic. I'm guessing she wore her seat belt?
I guess this means its time to buy a Saab.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Blimey Blimey.

That must have been very on top as it happened.
Glad that your sis is ok. Well As ok as she can be at this time.

Dead

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Glad she's almost ok, it could have been a lot worse. As far as I can see, she also had the convertible top down, I guess she had seat belts because she must have flown anywhere without them.

I see she's into convertibles, can you think of a better point to talk her into Saabs ;) ?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thats nuts!!!! looks like the rear axel was almost ripped off...Glad she is ok pass on our best from sunny Doncaster (england) > I saw a programme on the ncap rating of cars the other day and it is really scarey...Some of the cars that you think will fair well like the Land rover freelander are totally distorted and bent from A pillar to C pillar. A few years ago people bought cars on looks and performance but now i think that safety is a bigger concern.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
:eek: wooooooooow. Looking at that makes me wonder how I never managed to flip the wrangler I used to drive. Also why I'll never own a convertable. She looks completely fine relative to the car though. If that doesn't convince people to wear seatbelts, then they're just freakin' nuts. Glad there was a happy ending here.

·
Registered
992 Posts
So glad your Sis was able to walk away from that one. It looks like a bad one. Her convertible looks like a Chrysler what is left of if. Not much on it to part out.

My girlfriend was in a very bad wreck some years back. She was not very badly injured fiscally. Although still a near death experience and quite a traumatic incident. She had a hard time with riding in a car for the next year. Some counseling may be in order to help your Sis cope with what happened to her. The Clergy or a good Psychologist may be able to help. Of course a great understanding from friends and family can be an aid to her.

I hope that she heals fast and I’m so glad that it wasn’t worse

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Stefano said:
Glad she's almost ok, it could have been a lot worse. As far as I can see, she also had the convertible top down, I guess she had seat belts because she must have flown anywhere without them.

I see she's into convertibles, can you think of a better point to talk her into Saabs ;) ?
Yes, she was wearing her seatbelt. But no, the top was up at the time. Sliding on the ground upside-down just put it in the backseat.

She like convertibles, but I'd feel safer now, if she had a full racing cage and safety harness! :nono;

92-Vert said:
So glad your Sis was able to walk away from that one. It looks like a bad one. Her convertible looks like a Chrysler what is left of if. Not much on it to part out.

My girlfriend was in a very bad wreck some years back. She was not very badly injured fiscally. Although still a near death experience and quite a traumatic incident. She had a hard time with riding in a car for the next year. Some counseling may be in order to help your Sis cope with what happened to her. The Clergy or a good Psychologist may be able to help. Of course a great understanding from friends and family can be an aid to her.

I hope that she heals fast and I’m so glad that it wasn’t worse
She's not to badly injured, but the hospital bills may kill us. She just got off parent's insurance and hadn't gotten her own through work yet. The parent's insurance said they'll cover $1000 only. I haven't seen the bill, but that's probably about a tenth of of it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Time to talk to a lawyer. Also even simple auto liability insurance should cover some hospital bills. She should check on this. Unless the time between policies is more than 30 days she may be still covered. The fact that they even offered the $1000.00 tells you that she is still covered in some form. Insurance companies will always try to tell that you are not covered or offer you a check right away so that you will not look to them any further, "see a lawyer on this". Her work insurance should be looked into as well generally it takes 2 weeks but have the lawyer look at this as well. Your town should have "Lawyers Aid Service" most towns’ do, mainly free.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
92-Vert said:
Time to talk to a lawyer. Also even simple auto liability insurance should cover some hospital bills. She should check on this. Unless the time between policies is more than 30 days she may be still covered. The fact that they even offered the $1000.00 tells you that she is still covered in some form. Insurance companies will always try to tell that you are not covered or offer you a check right away so that you will not look to them any further, "see a lawyer on this". Her work insurance should be looked into as well generally it takes 2 weeks but have the lawyer look at this as well. Your town should have "Lawyers Aid Service" most towns’ do, mainly free.
It's our parent's health insurance that said they would cover a $1000 of the bills, even though my sister's name isn't on the policy at all and she's over 19 and not a student. I don't know exactly what the car insurance is going to cover or not, but I'll make sure the policy gets looked over very carefully.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm sorry that happened to your sis. I'm glad she wasn't seriously hurt.

I have to agree with vert. When I had my accident, they tried to give me a small amount. The insurance company said they would cover $10,000 of the overall cost, but the car I was driving was wrecked, the MRI alone cost about $3500, and I had 6 months of visiting a Chiropractor 3 times a week, well over $10,000. I was driving a rental, though we took out the extra insurance, my personal car insurance got pulled into it (Geico) and they canceled the policy I had on my Saab. After the accident, I was pretty shook up (midsized sedan Vs. SUV) and I have driven rarely since (last I drove was in early January), but whenever I did drive after, since I had no insurance, I was driving someone else's car. That brings me to the other point.
Here in NY we pay on our insurance for uninsured motorists, I'm pretty sure that its for people who drive a car uninsured and hit your car for example, but could you use it in your sister's case? If the car wasn't insured, I'm not too sure.

Good luck with sorting everything out.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Shize! Good to hear she survived that one. Like you said, here is a chance to buy a proper car.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You may need some protection when your sister finds that you've posted that pic of her on the 'net! Any woman that I know would be livid once they recover. Perhaps your sister isn't as vain?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks like a early mid ninties Chrysler LeBaron. I'll take a stab at '94. Sucks man, thats why I never like convertables much. Glad shes ok

1 - 20 of 20 Posts