SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search regarding this issue and I see that many report 1-3% error rate for the SID MPG readings compared to using real trip meter calculation. But for two tanks now mine is off a whopping 7% on my new Linear!

Both tanks I had the SID reading of 29.3 at time of fillup after reseting it during fillup, and both times my calculation was in the 27mpg range (27.7 & 27.2).

This upsets me a little bit that it is THIS off. I would easily accept the 1-3% others have reported as that is easily acceptable. But 7% is pretty large error rate.

Should I maybe bring this up to the dealer and try to get fixed under warranty or is there pretty much nothing they can do for something like this?

--
BTW, 3.5k on my car so far and I love it everyday. I still catch myself checking it out and admiring my purchase decision.

So far the only things wrong to report are the MPG issue above, an intermittent buzz/rattle from fnt/pass door, and a weird "static" in radio (even when I played a CD) issue that happened only twice but went away with a restart of the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My SID always reads 1.5 to 2.0 mph higher than actual. Sounds like yours is about the same. I've gotten used to it and just subtract a couple of mpg off in my head.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd say that isn't bad. Most of these MPG computers in cars are just for poops and giggles and can't be taken too seriously.:roll:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was advised a long time ago by the dealer to clear the trip computer with every couple of tanks of gas. Seems to somehow provide a more accurate reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts