SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 2000 saab 9-3 B205r 8 vin k. when i was driving my car the other day the oil light came up and then the triangel waning light came on. i pulled over immediately and shut the car off i checked the oil it was fine so i drove it the 2 blocks home and parked it. now i went to start it up today and it puffed white smoke and had a faint smell of antifreeze from under the hood wen i opened it. i was woneding if the head gasket might have went out or what? the car only has 113000 miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on top of the symptoms from the other day i went to start my car today and it ran fine and now might i add that this is the first time that i'v started it since the previous day when i had the oil and warning light come on. Now as soon as i give it a little gas there seems to be a knock in the lower end i think it might be a rod bearing. Any enlightenment anyone?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like a sludge gremlin. Have you ever had the oil pan off to inspect the pickup screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to do that tonight when I get done with work I'm not to excited to see what kind of damage has been done. I do really like the car and I'll do what needs to be done to get it back on the road again.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
on top of the symptoms from the other day i went to start my car today and it ran fine and now might i add that this is the first time that i'v started it since the previous day when i had the oil and warning light come on. Now as soon as i give it a little gas there seems to be a knock in the lower end i think it might be a rod bearing. Any enlightenment anyone?
Its time for another engine , or a new car.
Note that the better cars and vehicles use an oil pressure gage..
The white smoke MAY be indicative of a blown head gasket, the weather is cold, water vapor is a by-product of combustion and this liquefies when exposed to the cold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would it be possible to rebuild the lower end and clean out all of the slug in the valve train and lower end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts