SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody i need your help. To much problems with my saab

The car is a 2003 Saab 9-5 V6 3.0L with 104000 miles. In 2 months i have changed the water pump 2 times, and the last one a Bosch water pump is going bad again, i hear noise from it and see the pulley that the bearing inside the water pump has gone bad. I also have a coolant leaking. On sunday i started to clean it because it make a lot of noise in iddle, so i cleaned the MAF sensor and the big pipe that goes to the Throttle body because in the are where the sensor is was leaking oil. I took out the sensor and saw that inside the pipe was to much oil. I also got some photos of it. Also the driving is not that good.

In this photo i got out the sensor and inside the tube was alot of oil

Also on the throttle body one of the tree small pipes where loose

What can cause the oil there or is this normal? Can i change something there, seals, pipes? To much things to fix on this car. The water pump, finding the coolant leaking and now oil leaking.

Please help me. If you need more photos or more information i can provide them.

Thank you all

·
Registered
693 Posts
A little confused on how the water pump failure led you to cleaning the MAF. Oil in the throttle intake pipe is generally a sign of failing turbo seals. It's been said that small amounts are normal. The failure of two water pumps in as many months is the real issue. Did you bleed the coolant system after you reinstalled the water pump? Have you checked the hoses for any clogs? I think it's time to let scooby and the gang in on this one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Totally agree with Pegasus. What type(s) of coolant are you using? Are you flushing completely?
Thank you for your responses

I think is my mechanic fault on both water pumps. I use orange dexcol collant. I never saw him bleeding the coolant. An easy fix for the oil in throttle intake pipe without changing the turbo (no money yet for that). I cleaned the MAF sensor because of the rumor coming from the engine when in cold start up. Also i saw the sensor from intake pipe because of the oil all around the sensor. I cleaned the sensor too. The first water pump was a cardone water pump (very bad), the second was a bosch (bad too as i see). In three months having this car i payed a lot of money. I have changed two water pumps, timing belt with all the pulleys, tensioner belt with the idler pulley. Now i need to fix the water pump again, the steering pump (but this can wait some month) and the oil from the turbo. All this is like 2500 dollars. What water pump you suggest and from where? And when i change the water pump what else i have to see there? What hoses that might leak coolant? What concerns me more is the oil.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hmmm... Weird scat, if your mechanic replaced both the pumps, I would definitely be concerned. The water pump in the V6 are as basic as they come. In fact I replaced mine when I did the Timing Belt last year.It's a Cardone rebuilt from Rockauto. For the hoses look at the usual suspects, especially those connected to the by-pass valve, turbo coolant lines, etc.
Can't think of much else except replacing water pump sealing o-ring. But I can't imagine your mechanic would over look that...:roll:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
timing belt with all the pulleys, QUOTE]

if you paid to replase a timing belt on a 2.3l 4 cyl then you were scammed - the 2.3l has a timimg chain
It's the V6 3.0L engine not the 2.3L. Before this car i had for 2 months a 2000 9-5 2.3l car. But i did an accident and the insurance took it paying the car. After I bought this 2003 Arc V6. The first one was better in my opinion but also on that car I changed the water pump. What seals near on the turbo i had to buy (change) for the oil issue. In fact i see some white smoke coming from the car when i start it, but isn't much smoke. What seals or hoses you suggest changing on the turbo and also whats their name so i can buy them.

Thank you again for the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts