SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten the saab back on all fours and road worthy!
here is a brief history of what has happened:
started with head gasket replacement. turns out block is too far gone. some scoring on cylinder wall. find short block. get it and proceed to disassemble and reassemble the engine with new/salvaged short block. get it in after 8 evening and crank it. throws a rod! it is warranteed. but the guy, as expected, delays the inevidable. finaly get an engine this time last monday. take out old, put in new. this time in 4.5 evenings. crank it up. sounds better than i've ever had my saab. very exciting. it is soo smooth. there are lots of little things that i did in this entire process. needles to say i am very happy. and forsee no problems, enine wise, soon.
link to pics:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2124599074&code=16846124&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

can't get the avi to attatch. if anyone has any ideas

BEN

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no real reason. just did. ended up taking i.c. off and cleasing it out though. i guess after leaning over it so much i decided to get it out of the way:roll:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Nice ben!! You should go on the next saabrun that the northern georgia guys set up.. SPATL and Stalker are among the group, along with myself when I am down there in Chattanooga for school. The next meet will hopefully be in sept/oct.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I cannot understand why you do not replace the hood struts rather than use the 2 by 4.

Or didn't the hood open wide enough ??
I do see the reason for removing items, its not that hard, makes for better access..
I'd guess that your method was to remove the subframe, then just pull the entire pack
Did you have air tools to use ??
I have done this without air - never again !!
The cheap compressor cost but $170 , 26 gal, 5 hp??, 6 cfm at 90 psi.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seth: I would love to go on a saab run. unfortuneatly I am moving to d.c. in two weeks. i guess that means I am closer to wassaab, but you can't beat some of the meandering roads down here. I am going to try to take a run with some bike buddies of mine on the gap. aka 300+ turns in 13 miles! it is wicked. i can't tell how exciting it is to have my baby back.

earth: I haven't replaced the struts as it just seems very insignificant to me. there are obviously other things i have been focusing my time and money on:lol:. I wish i did have air tools. had a compressor but the tools that i have access to were not working. hadn't been oiled like they should. eh. so it did make for a little bit longer work, but i didn't mind it too much.

Ben
'94 900set
with new engine with 50k on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts