SaabCentral Forums banner

My Norwegian Saab 9-5 Estate Project

315K views 3K replies 121 participants last post by  Positiv 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello.

Posting a project thread on my 9-5 Estate 2000 mod. 280hp and 410 Nm

Done some with my car since I bought it. So here is what I've done so far. And what is and will be done with the car ahead.

Also mentions that this is my first Saab, and also the first car with turbo.
This is how the car looked, when I brought it in Brumunddal (place in Norway) 15/01/14. The price I gave for the car, was Nkr. 15000, - And had run 149.000 km.

So here we go.

So after some washing, leather cleaning and polishing.

See less See more
#2 ·
Got me a 2001 car for parts for Nkr. 2,500 - Where it was newly fitted Bilstein B8 shocks, and a new 2.5 "half pipe system. Otherwise, 16" alloy wheels, which I have used in the winter. Tok all the parts from the vehicle, that I can use for reserve.

Here is something I disassembly.

When I changed the discs and mounted B8 shocks, did I also put on eback springs. And I took and reconditioned handbrake thoroughly.

Put on standard disc with brake pads. And Bilstein shocks. Cleaning and refurbished and had hammer paint on.

#4 ·
And then I went over what is done with rust on the car. I replaced the corner ranks in the trunk, I see that there is some rust in the well on both sides.

Would try and take the rust my Self, but it was not good at all :) So I send it away to be done from an professional painter. Beyond that, there is no rust on the car.

The first time I try and take rust. And it was not so good :)

#7 ·
#8 ·

It is well mostly it is done with the car exterior. When I wanted and get more hp, I had to put myself into what needed to be updated. Replaced the original turbo with a Mitsubishi TD04HL and replacing ic with an aluminum from KL racing, cobra intake, snorkel from diesel car, 3 "Maptun down pipe flexipipe, 2.3l aero clutch mm.

Ic.

Snorkel.

#10 ·
Aero clutch, and program box from the tuning company.

Down pipe with flexi pipe being fitted in these days.

Got me a pressure tube in aluminum, which is sanded and polished. Also received the other day silicone hoses. And I bought discs and pads from EBC. The discs are 308 mm.

So it was cool and vacuum hoses. And it was a challenge and get
some clips to the cooling hoses on.

#11 ·
Plaster and painted battery tray.

So I installed a new windshield, fog lamps, fuel filter, water thermostat, interior filter, Hendler the space heater, when it did not come hot on the one the left side, when the vehicle was purchased. Oil filter, engine oil and pears in the instrument panel. And it was a challenge, for the reason that I first switched the bulbs had gone. Put the meter back, and then there were others who seemed. Did it sometimes, and then it was finally good. But now it has gone a bulb at the gas meter, and it will be replaced when I replace the dashboard of one that is completely black. And I shall have beige seats and door trim, and black carpet. From 2006 to 2010 mod.

The car will then be like this, with the new interior. Being well that I have to travel to Sweden and find such a set. And if it is from a chopped I will stay there until the parts are replaced. Only dash I take with me and change at home.

#12 ·

So will I replace the steering wheel with one from Maptun, and the floor mats.

Some time ago I was in Uddevalla and bought a new bodykit, from Realcar. That will be mounted just before the car will be painted. When it comes to the front bumper, I most want and assemble fog lamps on either side. But it is not easy and find a plate that covers the holes. So the one who is to Bora, but it had not the right height. But working on it, so we'll see what it turns into.

I'll will paint the door list and handles in the same color as the car.

So with fog, it'll be something like this.

More to come. Will continue tomorrow.

Regards
Bent

#15 ·
Hello.

Then I ordered grill for fog lights. And grill is a Bmw E83. Be adapted to the fender. Is not always best to buy on eBay, then the most inexpensive I got over there, was Nkr. 157, - incl. Shipping pr. side. While I got it from GS automobile (Oslo) for only $. 76, - pr. side. (it is inclusive. My 20% discount)

So will I replace the original aluminium grill, which is something simple stuff. But get one, in hard plastic.

Shall also have the same net on the grill between the headlights. And here I will remove the bar as the Saab brand is mounted.

Like this.

Some inspiration pictures :)

#16 ·

Yes, then there will be a trip to Sweden just after Easter. Got pictures of the seats and doorcover from my 07 mod. present day. And as you can see from the photos, the seats / door trims, without appreciable wear. So after a thorough wash and skin cleanser, so it should be good. Get more pictures tomorrow, the rest of the interior is from two 07 Estate cars.