SaabCentral Forums banner

1941 - 1960 of 2001 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,944
That’s commitment on the starter which will never see the light of day except on a lift

You have a point there who will see the starter. But I like the car to look more or less the same under as over. I even polish the car under in the spring before I use it for the summer months. And I only use the car when it's not raining weather.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,945
I don't know what my starter looks like....never mind what color. Black is fine for me.

Am glad that you are happy with your black starter. And most people do not care how there car looks like under. And I am happy again that am not like everybody else.

And dont forget it`s not only the starter who get some paint. And there is more to come so stay tune.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,947

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,951
More new parts and they only need some paint as I will do later.

And then Have I replace with new filter and a new fan on my Volvo. So now it is no more noise.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,954
Yes and I have Tech 2 so no problem with that. And for people with no scanning system can start and stop the car for around 20 times and the airbag light will turn of. Have work on the seats true the winter and could not have the battery not connected for this time. Since I need the battery and tracking system to work. And so far I have only install the passanger seat and the el. system is working so am happy with that. Since it was no airbag blow or other problems.

My Tech 2.

What a bike. :)

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Airbag will not deploy if you have it unplugged. If you look, you find short cut between pins when connector is unplugged (to airbag).

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,956
I know that. I was exiting if the airbag would blow when I connect power to the seat again after rebuild it from manuel to el. seat and this is first time I do this kind of job.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,960
As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to do a Big 3 upgrade. So with that I have ordered some stuff and put myself into how I can do it. Basically there is no high tech. But some details there are when it's the first time I do this kind of job.

So I ordered 2 meters of red, and two meters of black cable. Which is 50mm2. That's the closest I get to 1/0 awg. Which again fits my fuse holder distribution block and battery shoe. Since 1/0 awg is 53.5mm2 These are CCA cables, but of the soft type. Something who is important when it comes to the ground wires from the battery terminals who is close to the expansion tank.

Ordered cables .

Need the distribution box so I can use the existing power cords + the 50mm2. Which goes to starter and alternator. Which I don't quite know where to mount yet.

Then I will buy in the end of this week cable shoes and cable shoe press.

Then I have a fuse holder that I want to use with a 200 amp fuse. Has 250 amp and 150 amp. But feel it is most right and use a 200 amp. So have ordered two pieces. Because I like to have one lying in the glove compartment. The alternator that sits in the car now is an older type with 130 amp. And the one I will mount in is a 140 amp.

Then we hope for brighter times according to the Corona virus. So stay safe. :)

1941 - 1960 of 2001 Posts