SaabCentral Forums banner

1921 - 1940 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,921
gee I have a lot on photobucket and I pay annually...have to look and see if all is ok. With the revised Saab central I no longer need photobucket to upload pictures to the posts...I just do it from my iPhone, Life is good.

I also pay, but you have to pay today if you want to use PB. I have hundreds of pictures there and I will keep using it. I also putting out pictures on other platforms. And yes life is good. :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,922
How did you get that alternator painted so smoothly and shiny???

I dismantled parts of the alternator. And use hobby pensel to paint the parts inside/outside and used several layers of paint. And it took me around 12 hours.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Whew, just finished reading this whole thread - thank you for being so thorough with your pictures! This car is beyond incredible. As many others have said, your attention to detail is excellent, and it is clear you love this car. I look forward to seeing and learning about more modifications and upgrades!

I recently purchased an -02 Aero as a parts car, and I own a 2000 Aero sedan that I'm going to be upgrading with a few things, so similar to your process, but not a wagon.
I have a few questions about some of the upgrades and modifications you've made, if you don't mind answering:

1. When you rebuilt the engine, did you have any machining done, or did you just re-do the timing and bearings?
2. Is the newer front subframe a direct swap for the old one?
3. Where did you buy the Tech2 from, is it a real unit or a clone? If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? How well does it work?
4. The window switches from the 08/09, are those a direct swap? Does it plug in like the old style, and fit in the same location?

I'm sure I'm forgetting things here, but that's probably a good start.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,930 (Edited)
It is nice of you to spend time and go through the whole thread. 👍

1. It was mostly timing an bearings.

2. The subframe is from an MY01 So it is the same type as the one I had before.

3. It is an clone that I bought from China. And so far it has work as it should. And I pay $ 262.68 for the unit.

4. It is a direct swap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Excellent, thank you for the information! In that case, I'm going to try to hang onto the subframe in the 2002, and refurbish it similarly to what you did. Then I can swap everything over directly when/if I swap a new engine into my 2000.

What are those carbon-covered pieces? That shape is a little unfamiliar.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,933
Sounds good. (y)

That is the guideline (or what ever you call it. :) ) who the front seats stands on. I have wrap them with carbon folie. But do not do this at home because it was hard to get nice. But in the end I manage it. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I mean, are the parts you wrapped the actual metal guide rails, or are they decorative pieces to cover the metal rails?

1921 - 1940 of 1943 Posts