SaabCentral Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1897 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,865
Thx but a bit expensive just for a switch.

Yes they are expensive. But if you looking around I am sure you can find one for a decent price. The one I bought did I get from UK and I pay USD 69 dollar including shipping.

Have to remember that this switch only come on the 08 and 09 model. So there is not so many of them.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,866
Weird that they call it "early style". Earlier than what? It's definitely expensive, but the older style I'm familiar with isn't cheap, either.

If you buy that old switch here in Norway private you will get them for almost nothing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes they are expensive. But if you looking around I am sure you can find one for a decent price. The one I bought did I get from UK and I pay USD 69 dollar including shipping.

Have to remember that this switch only come on the 08 and 09 model. So there is not so many of them.

Good luck. :)
Up to $60 I have no problem with it. But paying $130 because its rare I think is way to much. If I can find one for $60 I will get it right way.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,871
What's the average lifespan of the battery over there?

There is no definitive for that. It depends on the quality of the battery and how you take care of it. But they say around four to five years. But it depends as I say. It can be done after one year or ten years.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,872
Where do you get the power supply for the blue led? Can you show me a pic how you ran the power wire between the door and the body? Thanks.

Sure I can do that. You can see on the pictures how I pulls the cord through the connector and connect it to the light under the glow box. Or on the doom lights if you do not have light in the footwell. So when I close the doors the light went out. And then lights up again when I open the doors.

You drill holes in the connectors.

And do not forget to isolation the doors when you do the wiring job. :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,873
Up to $60 I have no problem with it. But paying $130 because its rare I think is way to much. If I can find one for $60 I will get it right way.

You just use some time and then am sure you find one to a good price. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
You just use some time and then am sure you find one to a good price. Good luck. :)
Just got one today for $60. Can't wait to install it. Thx for the door pics as well. Im doing the lights on the door and also retrofitting the auto folding mirrors as well.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,876
Just got one today for $60. Can't wait to install it. Thx for the door pics as well. Im doing the lights on the door and also retrofitting the auto folding mirrors as well.

It is good and hear so I am happy on your behalf well done. dude. ;ol; And do check if the lights is working. There is two bulbs.

I was also thinking about making the mirror to auto folding some time ago. But it has slip my mind. But when you take it up I will also do that. So it is nice if you can take some pictures from the install and tell me how you did it. Thank you.

And your Welcome about the wiring. :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,877
I like your battery clamps....I just go a set for my 95 red wagon and one for my 911 Porsche

thanks for the tip.

Good Mr. And your welcome. :)

In my case I had to use shims on the negative to make it fit. But I bought the clamp including shims for positive and negative. And two 0 gauge for two contact points on each clamps. But as you see on the picture there is a gold connection for the large wiring. You can remove that for the 0 gauge or have it on and then use a wire with less cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-4-8-10-AWG-Battery-Terminal-HEAVY-DUTY-Clamp-Positive-Negative-Connectors/173897080099?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,878
Then I got a couple of lizards. So that there is some more life in the trunk. Then you can see in the hole where the hatch locks is not nice looking. So have I acquired me, a plate of aluminum. Which I will adjust to the hole, and then have leather on it. Get back to this.

This happens to many of us after a while, as a car project owner. =)

1861 - 1880 of 1897 Posts