SaabCentral Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1925 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
nice build! this has got to be the most extensive build ever!! How are you funding all your projects??? I am jealous!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,764 (Edited)
Thank you skwon. Glad that you like the work I have done to the car so far. :)

This is the sixth year I work on this car. And there is more to come. Have not been easy all the time since I have done more or less all the work by myself. And am not a car mechanics. And this is the first time I have a Saab and a car with turbo. So I have spent thousands of hours to work on the car, and set me in to how too do things.

I have used to much money on this car but I look at this project as a hobby. And hobby is always not good for your pocketbook. :)

Lately I haven't done so much since I do not have the time. But I have done some work on the top plate over the amplifier and the capacitor.

I do not use the car so much myself. So far this year I have only drive it less than five times. But my son like to use the car and so far there is no complaints. :)

From last season.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,767
It is looking nice but for a price for the unit. So do not think this is anything for me.

ZTE Mobley WITH Ultra RARE $20 Unlimited Data Plan - Unlimited LTE for $20 LIFE

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Having the mobley and an android head unit AND the OBDII all at once is epic. I can run Maps, listen to Pandora, and run Torque all on the car without touching my phone. Heck, I've often run Youtube videos while driving. Not to watch, but to listen to. I'll keep Maps or Torque on the screen.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,769
Yes, I can see that is a nice unit to have. But the price is way to high. By the way I have no time for youtube the few times I use the car. Then I just have to enjoy the ride. :)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,774
Postiv I need the posts for your interior door pull handle mods. Please make it easy for me and quote the photobucket links . thank you

You are thinking about the handel for the tailgate? Anyway since I was going to add leather on it. I needed to make the hole for the fingers shorter. So I cut some of the plastic away. And then adjust a piece of 0.5 mm aluminium sheet plate that I form and use spackle for attaching it. And then some sikaflex around the top of the plate. As you can see on the pictures. Then the leather fits nicely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminium-Sheet-Plate-Metal-DIY-Model-Craft-0-3-0-5-1-2mm-Thick-Choose-Sizes-/272881671461?var=&hash=item0

One more thing as you can see from page 80 on this thread there are missing pictures. That is because I did a mistake with one folder on photobucket. I have now re installed the folder on PB but to get the pictures back on this thread again I have to load up the pictures again. Have send a mail to Joshinator99 for him to open the thread for me so I can reinstall the pictures. Because after the text/pictures have been on your thread for more then one month you can not go in an adjust anything on your posts.

So if the moderator open the thread for me then the pictures come back. But if he do not so no pictures. If you ask me it is to stupid that you can not adjust anything on your own thread after one month. Do not get it why they have this system.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,775
Then I got response from the Super Moderator Joshinator99. And he say that he is not able to open older thread.

So then I waiting response from him if there is anyone behind this forum who can open old threads. Since the Moderator can't do it.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Then I got response from the Super Moderator Joshinator99. And he say that he is not able to open older thread.

So then I waiting response from him if there is anyone behind this forum who can open old threads. Since the Moderator can't do it.

Photobucket sucks. They purposely let you put photos up then charge for hot linking. After a while

If you use Google photos its much better

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,777
In first place I have no problem with photobucket. Have been a paying member for several years so I do only pay a small fee every year. And I only use them to copy pictures over to forums I use.

But since I had make a mistake and delete the pictures who is missing in here I have install the pictures back to PB. Then again I need to get in to that earlier post and ask Super Moderator Joshinator99 If he could open the post for me so I can reinstall the pictures. And he told me that he can not do that.

Then I send him a new mail some days ago and ask him if there is somebody else on this forum who can open the post for me. But he dont bother to respond. So he don't do he`a job as a proper moderator with and Include and provide an informative explanation of my request. :nono;

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,778
Is now the sixth year I work on my 9-5. And I begin to understand how this car are put together. So I have now ordered me a Tech 2 scanner. So since I need to learn how its work. I will start to look at this video and some more.

1761 - 1780 of 1925 Posts