SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1901 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oh I actually found those before on the same website but I was weary of their quality. They any good?
Installed them on my car around 6 mnd. ago, and they akt like brand new, so far. No problem at all.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Awesome good to know, thanks!
Your wellcome.

And the last 6 mnd. was winter, and it can be werry cold here, in Norway. And I like to drive fast. and since I have 280 hp and 410 nm. The engine have to work hard. And the hoses has work properly. :) Just to mention.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi

Anybody have any suggestions for what type of steeringwheel I should buy. Possibly someone who has experience with the two I post pictures of.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So no body have experiece with this kind of steeringwheel. Never mind, I have to tell you then, when I get mine then.

I have bought me an acquisition of dimmable mirror, and dampers to the tailgate. When I dismounted the two 07 models, and my own interior. I saw that it was liking oil, from all dampers. And because it just hangs oil drops down from mine, it is stupid and get oil on the interior roof lining. Then when it goes through, there will be brands.

So I have gone to the acquisition of chicken legs. When there is some slack in the one I have. And I notice some vibration around 120 km.

So I sanded and painted the twin pipe, with heat resistant paint.

How it looked, with the purchase.

So after having sanded the part.

http://s334.photobucket.com/user/banangutten/media/Saab%209-5%202015/Montere%20Twinpipe/P5196402.jpg.htmlhttp://s334.photobucket.com/user/banangutten/media/Saab%209-5%202015/Montere%20Twinpipe/P5196401.jpg.html

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
And so it was.

Then there was the instrument. And here's a draft on how it is. Since I've manuel box, will automate, tcs and sport winter be removed. And I can choose between Saab name or logo. So it going to be SAAB.

Being possibly the only one in the world with such an instrument. For I do not know if he will make more of them.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Hi

Anybody have any suggestions for what type of steeringwheel I should buy. Possibly someone who has experience with the two I post pictures of.

Regards
Bent
Are you asking if this steering wheel will work? Changing a steering wheel is pretty easy - hardest part is making sure you disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to ground the airbag.

That steering wheel in particular costs like $400-$800 so you probably won't have many who want to bone out that much money.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
And so it was.

Then there was the instrument. And here's a draft on how it is. Since I've manuel box, will automate, tcs and sport winter be removed. And I can choose between Saab name or logo. So it going to be SAAB.

Being possibly the only one in the world with such an instrument. For I do not know if he will make more of them.

Regards
Bent
Chicken legs? Looks like stock/OEM sway bar links... any reason you didn't choose to upgrade to a better sway bar link like Moog?

Here's a pic of them on my 9-5

for the cluster/gauge cover - where are you getting that from, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I know how to change the steeringwheel. Just wonder if somebody have the steeringwheel I show pictures from, Rarelibra. But its ok. Have already order one. Thanks enyway :)

Have to look at the legs later. Have so many things to do now. And remember this is my first Saab, so its not so easy to get first quality on the units. We just have to see what coming up in the future. :)

I order the steeringwheels from ebay, toxicavenger. Just look at the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251941238782?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Get back to you, blaketsre12311

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Then the steering wheel is bought and paid for. And since they have it in stock, and will send it tomorrow. I should soon have it. So with the steering wheel, and the meter. I lack only mass switches in the roof, and some more light inside. So I'm ready for take off. hehe

So I'll try and get the same solution to the sid and device for heat. In the same design as the meter. But will first have meter and see how it is.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Then there was one more thing.

Ordered the other day badges for bonnet and tailgate. Shall also have they, on the center of wheels. Think it will be well with the black against the red paint. But it is not set in until after the car is painted.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nice looking steering wheel, just way out of my price range. Good job on the car.

Nice of you to say, toxicavenger :) And yes, the steering wheel, is not exactly cheap. So I hope this is an good product.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'm emailing the guy on ebay to see if he can get another one of those wheels. I want one.

If I can get one, I guess I'm down to get the Hirsch pedals and Short throw shifter.

41 - 60 of 1901 Posts