SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1901 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got Dump valve from speed-part, who is in metal. Also got valves to wheel rims.

I have made new hole, the tank lid opener. Mounted switches next to each other, since I found it most practicable.

Gone change the mirror from my 00 to one from a my 05

The grill I will use in the fender and grille between the headlights.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The lamps come as clear, dark and yellow design. Selected dark as pictured, as it would be best to red fender and black grill.

Then I have clean the engine compartment. First pictures are when I bought the car a year ago. So with repeated washing and polishing, this is the result.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Dismantling of mirrors for painting.

Then I got the foglights.

Clean the interior and dry cleaning the seats.

Use Autoglym.

This is what I have done to the car, so far. Coming soon back with more.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Holy build thread! Nice work, too much to keep track of. Very well done, love the wagons.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Holy build thread! Nice work, too much to keep track of. Very well done, love the wagons.

Thanks Cark. And I love this wagon to. But there is more job to do. When the car is done, I think it will be nice.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I work now with and find a solution, how I can get digital instruments for the Saab. Is in dialogue with a fellow person from Asia, which has agreed to and enter into a cooperation and make a special digital instrument panel with me.
Having done this once before, with a Bmw e28 1983 mod. This was with a guy from Poland. It becomes somewhat easier this time, when Bmw`n had no light in the needles, so I had to use fluorescent paint and UV diode. So that it would look like needles illuminated.
We'll see what I'm getting into, but here is a picture of how the custom-made disks where on Bmw`n.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks Cark. And I love this wagon to. But there is more job to do. When the car is done, I think it will be nice.

You "think it will be nice"????? I already think it's pretty sick man haha. Where'd you get that carbon fiber dash I've been looking for those!?

Can't wait to see the end result keep up the good work ;ol;

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

You "think it will be nice"????? I already think it's pretty sick man haha. Where'd you get that carbon fiber dash I've been looking for those!?

Can't wait to see the end result keep up the good work ;ol;

Wow, that was nice of you to say. :) And yes pleace stay tune, becouse is more to come.

I got the carbone fiber from a company in Usa. And here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saab-9-5-99-05-Carbon-Fiber-Interior-Dash-Kit-Trim-Parts-Dashboard-Panel-/400561849905?hash=item5d4358c631

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Then I got the technical book.

Then my contact in Germany withdrawn from making Plasma speedometer. But still I have one person in Poland, Malaysia and England. So we'll see. Going to send down a meter I have lying. Coming back later proposals on how it will look like.
Another thing I thought of. Is and assemble strips of lights in the doors and dashboard. Has many light strips at my home, with an adjustment for how strong I want it to light up. So there had been an idea and do this, when the car be painted, for then shall the door trims and door handles of.
Here are two types of strips I have. And below is how they work with lights on. Think my lights blue.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sweet baby Jesus with crsipy cream donuts. One hell of a build thread.

Love the interior swap. I thought about doing the 06+ stuff some time ago...but I gave it away because I lost interest. I'm glad you aren't afraid to tackle some of this.

Dog legs came out great and thanks for the pictures, I'm about to go get some quotes at auto body shops to have the work done, those will help.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

Love the interior swap. I thought about doing the 06+ stuff some time ago...but I gave it away because I lost interest. I'm glad you aren't afraid to tackle some of this.

Dog legs came out great and thanks for the pictures, I'm about to go get some quotes at auto body shops to have the work done, those will help.
^ just about spit my coffee out when I read that.. LOL... FWIW, I had someone do both dog legs for about $300.... look great...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
^ just about spit my coffee out when I read that.. LOL... FWIW, I had someone do both dog legs for about $300.... look great...
$300 sounds good to me! I'm hopeful.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

If and when you get the interest back, I think you will be werry happy to swap the interior. And if you wonder about some ting when its coming to the swap. Just ask me :)

I think 100% of the 9-5 have rust on this area. If there is rust on the car. And its good to take away, becouse the rust eating more and more of the area fast. So god luck :)

And thanks, that you like what I have done to my car, so far. :)

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Hi
Eu control of the car today, and zero errors :

I have found one that will create a special plasma speedometer to me. And here is some picture, how its going to be :)

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
101 Posts
So it was cool and vacuum hoses. And it was a challenge and get
some clips to the cooling hoses on.

[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get the silicone hose kit from?

21 - 40 of 1901 Posts