SaabCentral Forums banner
2441 - 2460 of 2472 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,447 ·
Another thing I did today was replace the engine mounts on the Volvo. The ones that were installed previously that are new came from Professional Parts of Sweden. And never buy them as you get a terrible vibration in the body. So now I installed the same brand that Volvo workshops use and it is from Lemførder, and now the vibration is completely gone.

· Registered
62 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,459 ·
Hi Shaggy!

Sorry for the late response to your post. But I'm not completely healthy these days. But it is now something that passes eventually.

So it has not happened much when it comes to working with my cars. But something has been done.

Finally got out the drain plug on the gearbox. So that it was filled with new oil after the gearbox was first flushed. Something that was needed when the oil was completely black. So the gear oil has never been changed here.

Then have I sanded and painted the cover of the fuse box. Because as you can see the cover has been pressed against the insulation on the hood which has caused a pattern on the cover. So then I will mount an aluminum plate with rubber list around and then paint the list in red or blue. Have ordered the rubber list.

And when it comes to the BMW E61

Since the head gasket leaking water in to the exhaust it's time to try out first according to the picture with info. below. And if it doesn't work I will overhalt the cylinder head. Which again is somewhat more work than it was with the Saab. And it is the first time I do this kind of job on an M54 engine. But before I use this product I will replace the radiator, water pump and thermostat and more. As there is an aluminum top and block. It is not possible to try and tighten the head bolts. As there are steel sleeves where the bolts go into the block which will be loosen. Something that among other things must be replaced during overhaul. But should it be cracks in the head/block. I will find me another engine. And then possibly go for a 3.0l Where there is today a 2.5l in the car originally.

Bar's Leaks Block Seal Head Gasket Fix

If the words “blown head gasket” make you nervous, we’re right there with you. We know firsthand that fixing a blown head gasket requires a hefty chunk of change and a few days without your car. Who has time to spend taking their car to the shop for a blown head gasket? And who has the extra cash to pay for a blown head gasket without planning for it? No, visiting the shop for a blown head gasket fix isn’t ideal. But what if we told you it was possible to fix this yourself with one of the most reliable blown head gasket solutions on the planet? Our easy-to-use Bar’s Leaks Head Gasket Fix will not only save you all that cash, but also get you back on the road in less than an hour. At Bar’s Leaks, we specialize in creating chemical repair solutions that are fast, easy, effective and affordable. Rather than spending hundreds or thousands of dollars at the repair shop, you spend just a few dollars and all without any of the inconvenience. This product contains a combination of antifreeze-compatible sodium silicate sealing liquid and various gasket-sealing particles that penetrate gaps and cracks and harden to permanently stop leaks. It’s liquid technology for damaged, leaking or blown head gaskets, and with over two million bottles sold, you can count on it to perform. We have a team of top-flight chemical engineers who are always innovating and pursuing ways to improve our existing products. As auto manufacturers introduce new technologies, we offer new products that will help everyday drivers save time and money through fast and effective solutions. Using our head gasket repair liquid is easy. Simply follow along with Bobby and Caitlin in our how-to video to safely and quickly get your car back on the road. There’s no reason a blown head gasket should sideline your life.

And here is some pictures of the front suspension. Just as I like it. A lot of work. But this car will be in top condition when am done with it. No more work to do at the Volvo so I will sell it when I can start to use the BMW. :)

Maybe something like this when am done with it. Well we have to see. :)

And if I do not talk to you before Christmas, I wish you and yours a peaceful Christmas. That also goes to Dads Toy and Rich. And the rest of you who visiting this thread. See you.

· Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Glad to see your back up and posting! I’ll have to double back and reread your post as I’ve got to get my kids to their tennis lesson in a few minutes but I (and everyone else, I’m sure!) wish you good health and much cheer for the holiday season! Take care Bent, it’s always fun to see your updates,
s

2441 - 2460 of 2472 Posts