SaabCentral Forums banner
2421 - 2440 of 2472 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Looks and sounds great. Hope you get the tuning issue resolved. Could be the new turbo / waist gate pushing too much air. I am concern about you painting the timing mark on the chain. That paint is going to come off and plug you oil line. You polish and painted everything but you didn't remove the varnish from the cam and crank journals...lol Varnish is what kills the oil. Very impress with the project build. That exhaust header and down pipe wrap is awesome.

· Registered
62 Posts
Can you share your source for the grill insert material you used?
I thought Bent mentioned it much earlier in the thread, but it looks like expanded metal. You can google lots of sources, but McMaster-Carr carries it. Also available in steel and stainless steel.

· Registered
311 Posts
I thought Bent mentioned it much earlier in the thread, but it looks like expanded metal. You can google lots of sources, but McMaster-Carr carries it. Also available in steel and stainless steel.
I forgot about McMaster-Carr. They used to be the go to place for just about everything. Mainly tools. Kind of the Harbor Freight before Harbor Freight came along. And the original Home Depot and Lowes...lol

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,436 ·
Due to a total communication failure. The undersigned and Maptun have reached an agreement. And because this failure it has come out wrong that Maptun does not tune them self. As it turns out they do not send the tuning to external developers. But carries out programming in there own facilities.

And since we have come to an agreement, I see no reason to have posts according to the subject.

So because our agreement/understanding I have today install the correct programs and it works as it should. Well this was only tested at idle. As I don't take the car out for a test drive until the coming weekend. Due to rain and otherwise bad weather today. But the meteorologists have predicted good weather for the weekend. So then we we take the car for an testdrive then.

Regards
Bent

2421 - 2440 of 2472 Posts