SaabCentral Forums banner
2241 - 2260 of 2268 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
how are you going to sew the seat belt material so that it is DOT certified? Seat will look awesome. yep project will never end. you'll need to add NOS next...lol

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,242 ·
I will send the belts to a professional for the sewing. And about any certification I do not care. Have a extra set so I can swap them if I get any problems.

Have moved the car to a dry and tempered place for the winter.

Have ordered following parts.

And I study to how am going to make sure that the cylinders on the block is ok. And will later on order similar parts.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
I hope that you never need to put seat belts (or any airbags) in real test.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
I have tested airbag and seat belt in real life.
I crashed with my 9000 (in avatar) Jan 29 2004.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Only bruises, no fractures at all.
Police do not believe me when they asked who drove Saab.
Other car (which was Ford Transit van), driver broke both legs.
Ambulance took me to hospital, which they let me go after inspection.

That's why I am anxious about deleting (or modify) safety devices.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,249 ·
Only bruises, no fractures at all.
Police do not believe me when they asked who drove Saab.
Other car (which was Ford Transit van), driver broke both legs.
Ambulance took me to hospital, which they let me go after inspection.

That's why I am anxious about deleting (or modify) safety devices.

Am sure I can handle this Mimmi. But thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,250 ·
I changed my seatbelts at Safety Belt Services | Our Products they have been certified to do that. I also went for red.

Hello Teretail!

Looks good mate and I will also have it on the rear belts. And since I think this is going to be a easy job I will do it my self. Well we have to see how easy it will be. :) I will also get som new covers over the seats as more or less the same type as the picture.

I have also ordered six meter of beige leather that I will use on the plastic around the doors and the beige on the door cover. where I have now carbon folie today. This beige leather as the one on the door cover will I maybe paint in some color. What color I have to come back to.

Today I did make a deal with a person from Sweden and send him money for 9000 Aero pistons B234i T5. Am also got a agreement with a companies to cut down 1 mm on the pistons so I can use T7 head gasket since that is a better gasket then the one on T5 engine.

Something like this.

Regards
Bent

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
You must have XXXXXL cows in Norway, because you have ordered 6 meters leather. (y)

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Love the SAAB projection on the garage floor! If you put that up onto clouds you’d get something way cooler than Batman I bet!

2241 - 2260 of 2268 Posts