SaabCentral Forums banner
2121 - 2140 of 2157 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yesterday did the ovner of the car repair shop and I install a 2.5" exhaust on my Volvo. And I must say I am very pleased with the sound. So today am going back and will adjust and weld the end pipes and paint the exhaust black and some more.

That looks nice. What muffler did you use? Neat idea of using a 1 in and 2 out exhaust.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,123 ·
Lets see. I bought all the unbranded parts from a Swedish companies named Biltema who also are in Norway. And all in all including the heat paint cost me only USD 200 dollar. And since I only pay USD 500 dollar for the car I will not put more money then I need to make the car in top condition. And about you questions before I will say Volvo. ;)

And have now paint the exhaust and I also replace the oil pressure switch. But I did not weld the end of the exhaust yet. Since I maybe change them leather. I will make a video later so you can hear the sound.

By the way have a nice weekend. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
So now you have a Saab Wagon and a Volvo Wagon. Which one do you like better performance wise? Which one do you like over all?

·
Registered
34 Posts
So now you have a Saab Wagon and a Volvo Wagon. Which one do you like better performance wise? Which one do you like over all?
Not to threadjack but that is a great question - I’d like to see a straight comparison, well - acceleration test mainly; between a 9-5 Aero and a V70R.

The Volvo has more mass; but 50 more Hp and 2 more driving wheels - I’d still like to know in what band a stock 9-5 could beat it. Definitely not from a standstill, but maybe there’s a chance from 40mph and up.

There are a couple YouTube vids on this but it’s always a 305hp Hirsch modded aero going against a stock v70r from a standstill.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow nice work. That Volvo control arm was toast for sure. I would not buy anything that was original GM parts. I've had noting but bad luck with GM parts. To each his own.
I see you added a red strip to the rims. Nice touch...like it. I am with WagonWest to see how the performance compare between your volvo and the 9-5.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Did they ever make this car or was this a concept car. Would be cool to build one almost like this.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,136 ·
Wow nice work. That Volvo control arm was toast for sure. I would not buy anything that was original GM parts. I've had noting but bad luck with GM parts. To each his own.
I see you added a red strip to the rims. Nice touch...like it. I am with WagonWest to see how the performance compare between your volvo and the 9-5.

Thank you Sir, glad you like my work. :) In first place the control arm had just a small crack in the rubber. But since the bolt had rusted in to the bushings I had problem to unscrew the bolt. But as you see on the picture I got the bolt out.

I have also polish the plastic with Polytrol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
He he, sorry Mimmi but you have wait in line. :)

And to all of you is not Norway a beautiful country. :)

That is like a serious one way road. Have to make sure you have plenty of gas and no where to turn around. Yes beautiful country. Trying to convince my wife to move there. USA is starting to be an embarrassment.

2121 - 2140 of 2157 Posts