SaabCentral Forums banner

2081 - 2100 of 2116 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bet it does smell like a new car. But Wow $3000 is more than the car is worth. Guess you can't put a price on what really you want. Which glue did you use to put the leather on with? My Son's 9-5 headliner is coming off in the back and want to tack it up before it gets any worst.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Really like the Sub woofer mount and amp cabinet in the rear floor. Not to crazy about the seat control panel buttons painted red. Would have gone with carbon fiber look. But hey its your car and what you like is good.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,086 ·
I bet it does smell like a new car. But Wow $3000 is more than the car is worth. Guess you can't put a price on what really you want. Which glue did you use to put the leather on with? My Son's 9-5 headliner is coming off in the back and want to tack it up before it gets any worst.
Sorry it is only USD 2500 I have spend on leather and glue, but still a lot of money. But what can you do when you have a passion and this is my hobby and hobby cost money but it is nothing wise in this build when it comes to the economic. :)

About the type of glue I have used it has been only contact glue on box with pensel. If I was him use as me and not spray.

I used several boxes of this glue.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,087 ·
Really like the Sub woofer mount and amp cabinet in the rear floor. Not to crazy about the seat control panel buttons painted red. Would have gone with carbon fiber look. But hey its your car and what you like is good.

I tried carbon foil but it was not so easy to get nice. That`s why I painted them in red. And of course the same red color as the car. Imola red. You only see the seat cover when you open the door. So then the red will mach the rest of the car. Will take a picture leter on and maybe then you agree with me. We will see. :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,088 ·
Great dedication. Can't say I'm a fan of the LEDs but you do you.

That door card (unlit) looks fantastic!

Lets see Mr. slowmule. The led is more or less to make the car some different from all the others out there. By the way the light on the door handle is only lightning up when I open the door. Like the led in the trunk is only on when the tailgate is open.

And thank you. :)

This is the lights who is on when driving plus the door cover come back to that later with new pictures.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I tried carbon foil but it was not so easy to get nice. That`s why I painted them in red. And of course the same red color as the car. Imola red. You only see the seat cover when you open the door. So then the red will mach the rest of the car. Will take a picture leter on and maybe then you agree with me. We will see. :)

Can't wait to see it. I am sure its going to look awesomeness.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry it is only USD 2500 I have spend on leather and glue, but still a lot of money. But what can you do when you have a passion and this is my hobby and hobby cost money but it is nothing wise in this build when it comes to the economic. :)

About the type of glue I have used it has been only contact glue on box with pensel. If I was him use as me and not spray.

I used several boxes of this glue.

I understand the hobby part. Cheaper than playing golf...😆 🤣 thanks for the tip on the glue. We tried the spary 3m stuff and didn't work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh really like what you did to the Volvo also. Your inspiration for me to start a new project with the cars we have. I do miss my 95 wagon.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,095 ·
Oh really like what you did to the Volvo also. Your inspiration for me to start a new project with the cars we have. I do miss my 95 wagon.
So do you have a Volvo and if so what type ?

Some days ago did I change the speakers at the front doors. And I replace the fan since it started to whistle. And since the license plate light did not work propper I got me some with led.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,096 ·
Does the interior smell like a leather shop?
Hehe I wouldn't put it that way Rich. It is more like it smells like a million dollar. :)

Yesterday I started up the 9-5 after not done that for the last six month. And it fired up right away an have the same nice sound as when I park the car no ticking or other problems. (y)

And today I install the speakers on the dashboard. I replace the Ground Zero GZTF 8.7TX 3.5". to Audison APX 4.0"
But since the hole in the dashboard is for 3.5" speakers I had to make the hole for Audison 4" some larger.

I also install the amplifier for the front speakers.

Him: I do everything for you.
Her : Sell the Saab.

·
Registered
260 Posts
So do you have a Volvo and if so what type ?

Some days ago did I change the speakers at the front doors. And I replace the fan since it started to whistle. And since the license plate light did not work propper I got me some with led.

No I don't have a Volvo. Always like the station wagons. There is one here in the states that has a V8 motor in it. Really is awesome.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,100 ·
Then it is noted that the first ride of the season has been completed. Then the car was washed. As well as engine wash, where a spray bottle was used, with water and mild soap.

While washing the engine, a car stops, with a guy from Sweden, where there was a long conversation. And right after he left, a truck with a guy from Lithuania stopped. As it also became a longer conversation. So that engine wash took its time.

2081 - 2100 of 2116 Posts