SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,I'm Aaron and I'm approaching the old age of 23, with bad knees and back problems (Read: old man).Back when I was 15 and 16, I wanted an NG900 in the worst way, but over time I realized that they were way too expensive for my high school Radio Shack working budget.However, I now have one. I couldn't be happier.About three weeks ago, I picked up a 1994 900S. Its a non-turbo five speed coupe. I bought it with just under 139,000 miles. Its bright red with a black/gray cloth interior. It was an original owner car and the son of the family was driving it as his first car. I have maintenance records out the wazoo with it.

I sold my 1993 Honda Del Sol for it, because the Honda was rusting too fast, rode like hell, and begged for modification. It was bone stock, but it ran very nicely. It made a nice commuter for the guy I sold it to.I have owned three Volvo 850 T5's, and I do miss them dearly. Driving a modified one as a daily driver was fun, but took money away from my Celica :)

Its got a few issues here and there: Sagging headliner, small rip in the driver's seat, a cracked kick panel (not obvious, but I notice it), cloudy driver side corner light, and broken headlight adjusters. Its also missing the headlight wiper arms and has a small crack in the front bumper. On the back, there are two or three tiny, tiny spots of surface rust that I fixed.

Overall, its an extremely clean car and rides like a dream.

When I bought it, they had custom wheels on it. They had taken the car to a tire shop after cracking a BBS RK2. At the tire store, the technicians converted the car to wheel studs instead of bolts (yeah, I was baffled). He wanted almost an extra $1,000 for the rims on the car.Enter the salvage yard: I find an NG900, but it had four donuts on it. When I was leaving, there was a set of multi-spoke 9-5 wheels in the check-out office stacked up. Great Michelin tires, but they'd been sitting there in the office for a few months, so he made me an offer I could not refuse: $100 for all four wheels and tires. And then I was off to buy the car.

I am probably one of the only 900's wheel wheel studs on 9-5 wheels and tuner lugs.

Win!

I wouldn't have minded getting a turbo model, but I wanted a five speed coupe, and this was the best deal I could possibly get, and for all the records I got with it, I didn't complain. They even had it wired up for a sub/amp. I threw my Infinity 12" and Alpine amp in the hatch when I got home.

No real plans for it though. This is my daily driver, as I have a mint condition and all original 1976 Toyota Celica GT that I have as my fun car. That's also a one owner car, and I cannot illustrate how huge the binder of records is. I sold my Lexus SC300 to get the car.

And so, I love it.

I will have pics of the car up soon, perhaps tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm. It didn't like my wanting to make a paragraph.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
< br > code FTW!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I have a bunch of pics I need to upload. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are pics as promised!

The first pic is the night we first waxed it. Second is an evening shot in a parking lot. The last is one on my driveway with my test fitting of a 96 SE rear wing.

Progress list as of 4/4/10:

-- OEM 9-5 wheels
--Caliper paint
--Intake filter
--Nokya yellow headlight bulbs
--SAAB and 900 S emblems removed from hatch
--Stereo wiring
--Hard to find 9000 rubber trunk liner

Plans for this week:

--Sagging headliner cloth removed. This week the actual headliner board will be removed and painted with rubberized black undercoating. The other light gray panels will be dyed black. We did this to my friends 92 9000

--Fix front fog lights
--Replace rear fog light bulbs
--Hard wire radar detector
--Add additional cigarette lighter jack
--Full clay bar and re-wax

·
Registered
81 Posts
A couple of questions, if I may ...

First of all, your car looks fabulous!!
Also, as part of the list of things you mentioned you did to your car, there was mention of caliper paint.
What kind of caliper paint did you end up choosing and why?
Also, could you please describe how many coats you ended up putting on the calipers?
Cheers,
M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts