SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought it. 2000 Black Viggen, 2 door, very nice looking car inside and out. I think the only major thing with it is the wheels, the paint is starting to come off and it has some curb damage. Car has 54600 miles on it and here are some pics!

Here's me standing next to it.

Engine bay is clean!

Interior shot

And the wheels.

So, there she is. I think it's a nice car and had it's maintenance done at the proper intervals. She should last me a long time!

Jerel

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dude, I've got a Viggen as well, pics are ..

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/MrVig

Make a user name and post more pics :)

I've never seen a Viggen with wood dash though, looks nice. Those rims are prone to bending, so the paint flaking is the least of your issues.

Make sure you get her serviced pronto!

-Avinash

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Congrats you sorry *****. :cheesy: j/k

Cool. And you're at least in the same state as Nick Taliaferro so your performace mods shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
328 Posts
:cool: nice one! not sure if i'm a fan of the wood dash, but i'll let it slide ;)

yeah, the wheels are junk. mine look even worse than that, plus one has a flat spot from a pothole. but it's still balanced, so until i can find wheels i like the looks (and price) of, i'll keep the old ones....

definitely get in touch with nick, but leave your wallet locked in the glovebox :lol: ;)

welcome to the club :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
gah! I cringe when anyone buys the viggen I always wanted... a black coupe :cry: congrats man.. drive it like you stole it ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your viggen is almost as nice as the car by which it is parked;) I am certain that if you are patient, you should be able to find replacement wheels on e-bay for a decent amount of money.

Congratulations.
Ta-ta, janusz

·
Registered
161 Posts
NICE CAR! Welcome to the viggen club. I am moving to St. Louis at the end of August so hopefully Ill see you driving around;). I only wished my engine bay looked that clean;oops:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate all the kind words about my new baby. She'll get her 60k mile maintenance very very soon. I'm going to try to do most, if not all of the work myself.

NICE CAR! Welcome to the viggen club. I am moving to St. Louis at the end of August so hopefully Ill see you driving around;). I only wished my engine bay looked that clean;oops:
PAViggen: if you're gonna be moving to St. Louis, maybe we can hang out sometime, help each other out with cars and the like. I was telling my fiance about that and she said something about having a car bud. Hah! Since my brother moved to Columbia, MO back in March I haven't had anyone who could help me out when I had a 2 person job to do on any of the cars. Lemme know after you move out here, I'd like to check out your Viggen.

Congrats you sorry *****. :cheesy: j/k

Cool. And you're at least in the same state as Nick Taliaferro so your performace mods shouldn't be an issue.
bkrell: Yeah, I talked to Nick a LOT before buying this car, my brother actually knows him, used to autocross with him when we lived down in Springfield, MO. That's where I grew up, actually. I told Nick I was going to bring the car down sometime real soon so he could give it a good thorough looking at for me, let me know of anything he saw that I had to do pretty soon.

Thanks again for all the nice words about the car. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures soon.

Jerel

·
Registered
216 Posts
man thats awesome you got a viggen, and you got it from the saab volvo off manchester, thats where we got my saab but they are not to good of a dealership but thats just my opinion, im lookin to get a viggen in the future, blue 99, good luck with yours i'll be lookin for you on the road

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Fantastic Viggen....

Looks like a great car. I'm also up in the air about the wood dash.

You shoulda had the dealer throw in one of those ugly station wagons by your Vig to use at the local demolition derby. :D

Sweet Viggen. Don't pimp it out too much. Its great to see a rare car like a Viggen left stock/OEM.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
sweet viggen!

Its cool to see some new people from Missouri as well. I'm from the Springfield/Branson area though. However, I do go to school at UMR (Rolla) so during the school year I'm not too far from STL.

P.S. You should be proud of that wood dash. I find that the ladies love the wood...dash:cool:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Very nice! get some leather conditioner and go to town on the seats. Mine is a 2002 with almost same mileage and the seats needed it bad.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous!
LOVE that "2 tone" exterior.
Don't think I've seen yours before, either, Avixcore. HOT HOT HOT!
Both very fine examples of Saabs' best effort. Far and away reaffirms my belief that the Saab 9-3 Viggen is the definiton of SEXY AUTOMOBILE. :cheesy:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice man. I recently bought a black Viggen sedan. I'm sure you'll love yours. Beware of pot holes and scraping the front bumper. I'm sure you already know this. But just to reinforce it, the front bumper scrapes VERY easily.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I almost forgot about this post, this seems like it's been so long ago. Since the time I bought the Viggen I've also bought a 2004 WRX. The wife is now driving the Viggen, because she works 5 minutes from the house, I'm driving the WRX because I work about 20-30 miles from the house. She does love driving it, and I sure miss driving it. I get to tool around in it on the weekends though, so much power, so much TORQUE! I love it.

baas96 said:
man thats awesome you got a viggen, and you got it from the saab volvo off manchester, thats where we got my saab but they are not to good of a dealership but thats just my opinion, im lookin to get a viggen in the future, blue 99, good luck with yours i'll be lookin for you on the road
Man, you have no idea, I hate that dealership so much. They really pressured me into buying the car, not like I was going to walk away from it anyway, but it was horrible. The WRX was a completely different story, very cool people to work with, I bought it at Lou Fusz Nissan up off of Lindberg and Olive. I'd definitely buy cars from them again. There's at least one other person who visits the forums who lives in St. Louis, we should all try to meet up sometime, have a mini St. Louis Saab meet! ;) Let me know what you think about that.

Black_Viggen said:
Very nice man. I recently bought a black Viggen sedan. I'm sure you'll love yours. Beware of pot holes and scraping the front bumper. I'm sure you already know this. But just to reinforce it, the front bumper scrapes VERY easily.
Yeah man, I know all about that front bumper scraping. Also, found out the other day that at least one of my wheels is bent all to crap, probably at least both of my front wheels. Which means I get to buy new ones! YAY! I've been wanting to get new wheels for a while, now I have an excuse.

lms said:
Very nice! get some leather conditioner and go to town on the seats. Mine is a 2002 with almost same mileage and the seats needed it bad.
Yeah, I bought some of the pretty good leather conditioner off of eeuroparts.com, REAL good stuff, I treat it about every 6 months, which means I've only had to do it 2 times now. Helps a lot, and it makes the leather look so much nicer.

stamonkey said:
Its cool to see some new people from Missouri as well. I'm from the Springfield/Branson area though. However, I do go to school at UMR (Rolla) so during the school year I'm not too far from STL.
I actually grew up in Springfield, moved up to the Lou 3 years ago. Where abouts are you from?

That's it for now, thanks for the posts guys!

Jerel

·
Registered
65 Posts
jerel said:
Yeah man, I know all about that front bumper scraping. Also, found out the other day that at least one of my wheels is bent all to crap, probably at least both of my front wheels. Which means I get to buy new ones! YAY! I've been wanting to get new wheels for a while, now I have an excuse.
I suggest you seriosly look into refurbishing your wheels if they aren't too bad. New Viggen wheels cost $350+ (for the stock 5-spokers). Refurbishing can cost a fraction of the price. I just had to do one of mine and it cost $140 total for the straightening, remounting and balancing. And this one looks new. In fact, all the wheels were refurbed when I bought the car and they look great. If you would like some pics, let me know.

Also, I have seen the BBS type wheels that used to come on the 9-5 Aero for much less than the Viggen wheels cost. I hear these are more durable as well. Plus, they look GREAT on Viggens. When my wheels go south, I will defintely get a set of these.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i have an uncle that lives in st. louis and i was just at the saab volvo dealership on manchester 2 months ago. there was a sweet convertible i wanted!

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
nice vig!!! i might add that i've always wanted one (as all of us 9-3 owners). i settled and slowly made my 9-3 out perform a viggen- so watch out, i'm taking a road trip through your town. i'll be looking to race your wife. unless you come to your senses and give her the WRX and reclaim the viggen.... then your toast :D

all jokes aside.... nice car! if you keep up servicing it regularly it'll last you a long time. if you ever want to trade, let me know:lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Black_Viggen said:
I suggest you seriosly look into refurbishing your wheels if they aren't too bad. New Viggen wheels cost $350+ (for the stock 5-spokers). Refurbishing can cost a fraction of the price. I just had to do one of mine and it cost $140 total for the straightening, remounting and balancing. And this one looks new. In fact, all the wheels were refurbed when I bought the car and they look great. If you would like some pics, let me know.

Also, I have seen the BBS type wheels that used to come on the 9-5 Aero for much less than the Viggen wheels cost. I hear these are more durable as well. Plus, they look GREAT on Viggens. When my wheels go south, I will defintely get a set of these.
I do believe I'll be getting rid of those crap Viggen rims. The fact that they're made of butter doesn't make me real happy. I'm going to get something a bit more solid, still haven't determined what yet. I'll take some pics after I do that.. :)

WaSaabiPSI said:
all jokes aside.... nice car! if you keep up servicing it regularly it'll last you a long time. if you ever want to trade, let me know:lol:
Yeah, I try to keep her serviced, it's kind of been a problem because I don't currently have a garage. Makes for some either hot or cold service conditions most of the time. As for a trade, I don't know if I'm going to be up for that anytime soon.. ;) The plan for the car is to garage it after I buy a house. Probably rebuild the entire thing, make it a project car. should be fun!

Jerel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts