SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new SC arrived today

My new 9-3 SportCombi arrived today!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: I was visiting my dealer because I needed a temporary car, when he suddenly surprised me with an opportunity to look at my own SC. Wow!!! What a car!!! I can’t wait until I get my hand on the keys! The problem is that I have to wait around week before I can drive it out of the shop. There is a backlog at the Customs Office. :roll:

I also got the opportunity to try a short test of the “new” ES3-13 (with the 10” sub). Remember, that this is only my personal opinion and I’m not a Hi-Fi freak. Further I had to use the radio (didn’t have any CD with me). Anyway, the first feeling was “wow, what a bass!”. The sub was clearly doing its job without getting my bottom kicked all the time. The sound quality was at the same level as the AS3 in my former M00 Saab Cab. I can live with this system!

More to follow...

Here are some few (poor quality) cellular phone pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Nice car! Looks like you will be the first official Sport Sombi owner on Saab Central!
You will have to give us a full report when you actually get the keys and you stop road testing and showing it off - oh and the obligatory glossy photo to post:cheesy:.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Beautiful

Looks very pretty !

A shame we have to pay so much for those cars. But they are worth it...:D

Congratulation from a fello norwegian (I`v sendt you a private message)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
eikari said:
Hehe. Let me say it like this: an Aero in USA * 2.
Almost 70% of the price is tax! :evil:
Hah! That's still cheap by our standards. We pay about 125% tax here. On top of that there is a tax to have a right to own the car for 10 years after which you will have to send the car to the scrap yard.:eek::x:roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
epsilon93 said:
Hah! That's still cheap by our standards. We pay about 125% tax here. On top of that there is a tax to have a right to own the car for 10 years after which you will have to send the car to the scrap yard.:eek::x:roll:
125%!! :eek: I know our government is thinking “money bin” each time someone mention the word car, but 125% is more or less a robbery.

·
Registered
462 Posts
epsilon93 said:
Ouch, that's rough. God bless America, I suppose!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After a very long 8 days (reading the manual backwards and forwards, two times), I finally got the keys to my SC! :cheesy: What a car! Very fun to drive, sporty and a lot of comfort. To my surprise it was very quiet even in 120km/h (75 miles/h). The auto trans felt quicker than the 10.7 sec (0-100/0-60) indicated by Saab, but I haven't clocked it yet so the car could fool me.
Tried some different cd's in the ES13 system, and the sound was great! I don't know if it's good enough for a HiFi freak, but I don't care ;)

Well, here are some "mandatory" pictures:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts