SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I finally mounted the new wheels with the new tires. Had the winters on for the last 6 months. The wheels look better than I had expected. There is a deep lip (less offset) so they come out much closer to the fender. Ride is a little harder due to higher pressure and less sidewall, but not bad.
here is the pic from Tirerack:
AR1(Silver w/Machined Lip)

Front and Rear

Features

• One-piece, motorsport-styled mesh spoke
  • Durability and strength optimized
  • Rivets and a machined lip add a modular look

• Center cap shown included at no charge.

Sorry, I don't have my own pics yet!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, excuuuuse me all, for buying something made in China! Like none of you ever buy anything imported, oh, like maybe a SAAB? Or a shirt, tie, socks, jacket, whatever, ad infinitum. (Whoever doesn't know what that means, let me know and I will translate.)You know what, if you don't like it, tough, I wasn't asking for opinions.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey SoftTop, I say good for u bro, many people don't have the knowledge about where most of the parts we order for our saabs come from. But that's beside the fact. If they knew that our Garett little turbo is made in China, prolly wouldn't touch a Linear, haha I love the narrow minds of people. I would like to see u put those rims on ur car and show everybody how nice it looks, and hope they last u a long time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well, excuuuuse me all, for buying something made in China! Like none of you ever buy anything imported, oh, like maybe a SAAB? Or a shirt, tie, socks, jacket, whatever, ad infinitum. (Whoever doesn't know what that means, let me know and I will translate.)You know what, if you don't like it, tough, I wasn't asking for opinions.
Hey,buy what you like. I just like to buy USA whenever possible know that all our goods are practically made elsewhere. I served my country for 20 years and am very pro-american after seeing other countries values and lifestyles in my travels. I didn't mean to step on toes. Enjoy your purchase.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I also served my country, during the Vietnam war (voluntarily) and I try to buy American. I am about as patrioticas anyone I know.There isn't a whole lot of choice these days.

Sorry I got teed, just a gut reaction!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Defnintely beautiful rims. Go for it.

AND:

"In 1990, ASA decided to build a state-of-the-art alloy wheel manufacturing facility. Knowing the complexity and challenge this presented, ASA went to BBS in Germany to tap the best technical knowledge in facility design, manufacturing processes and quality controls for producing high quality alloy wheels. Production began at the new facility in Jeywon, South Korea in March 1992.

Their agreement with BBS, a world leader in wheel technology, engineering and manufacturing with over two decades of success in the racing community and the high-end aftermarket worldwide, is still in effect today. This cooperative agreement gives ASA valuable access to technical and product information that BBS gains from their motorsports and manufacturing involvement.

By basing its quality standards around those used by BBS, in 1994 ASA became one of the first alloy wheel companies to obtain ISO9001. In 1999 ASA obtained QS9000 certification, one of the highest quality standards in the automotive industry. (ISO9001 and QS9000 are world-recognized standards for quality.)" - TIRERACK

So ignore where they are made... :)

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Great choice, I was seriously considering those AR1s, I'm sure they'll look great!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Renn, Vector, et al. The car is dirty so I can't post pics w/o the risk of being bashed LOL!. Seriously, I will try, I have not actually uploaded any pics to the forums so it may take a while to figure it out..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey,buy what you like. I just like to buy USA whenever possible know that all our goods are practically made elsewhere. I served my country for 20 years and am very pro-american after seeing other countries values and lifestyles in my travels. I didn't mean to step on toes. Enjoy your purchase.
Right on man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts