SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new ride, next to my former ride. Delivery is on Thursday....

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more, since I couldn't seem to add all 8 of them in a single post:

·
Registered
485 Posts
i see twins:D

AFAIC the Aero one is new and good looking.....the other one which is older smells better with the first stage:cheesy:

i say u keep both:cool:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Great choice, but not my exact build, I would go with the darker interior, just a personal choice but great car and congrats man!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. Beautiful combo all around. Now maybe you should hit us with a comparison between the two, and oh yeah, don't get all excited and remember to exchange those bumper strips :p

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I would attack all these posts in one response.

greekfragma said:
i see twins:D

AFAIC the Aero one is new and good looking.....the other one which is older smells better with the first stage:cheesy:

i say u keep both:cool:
I an an alternate reality maybe....but considering I have one garage spot, I will stick with my AERO. :lol: Besides, this deal maximized my earning potential of the car.

AlbertaDrew said:
Great choice, but not my exact build, I would go with the darker interior, just a personal choice but great car and congrats man!!
yep....I like dark interiors, but this was the last AERO of the '07 year with a 6-speed manual at this dealership. The combination suited me well and I like light interiors as well, especially in the summer. I plan on tinting it come summer time.

Vector-SS said:
Congrats on your new purchase. Beautiful combo all around. Now maybe you should hit us with a comparison between the two, and oh yeah, don't get all excited and remember to exchange those bumper strips
hmm....excited....never happens. :lol:

those bumper strips, yeah, I don't have the old ones, but maybe, just maybe, I could exchange them at the dealership at delivery. Then again, they are only $45 at GenuineSaab, so not a huge loss for me. :)

I took all my internal iPOD and proclips mounts, iPOD cabling, not the AUX, and my EBAY purchased Saab auto-dimming rear-view mirror. I did keep the old one, so that will be installed this weekend as I got used to the auto-dimming mirror. :)

monsaab said:
Nothing says cool like a Red Aero!
I like the wheels and seats. The car is nicely appointed. You did well.
I still have my former 17" Borbet Type FS wheels. I don't know what to do them them. I like these AERO rims....and from my last check, they weight the same as the Borbets, so no weight advantage. I just can't justify keeping my former 17" rims when I can easily command like $1400 CDN for them since it has completely new rubber on them from late summer.

Paul

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beautiful ride. Ya gotta love Laser Red. Regarding the bumper strips. What are the bumper strips changed to? I've seen the accessory upgrade somewhere, but I'm not sure what they are.

I wished you could get an Aero with a black interior. They all seem to be Parchment. There is a Silver (not sure which silver) with a dark gray interior, but I prefer either Chili Red (since there aren't any laser red's around here), Fusion Blue, or Bronze Mist. BUT, all of these have Parchment interiors. The only cars left around here with Black interiors are 2.0T Anniversary additions.

Oh, the decisions in life. :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kcaudell said:
Beautiful ride. Ya gotta love Laser Red. Regarding the bumper strips. What are the bumper strips changed to? I've seen the accessory upgrade somewhere, but I'm not sure what they are.

I wished you could get an Aero with a black interior. They all seem to be Parchment. There is a Silver (not sure which silver) with a dark gray interior, but I prefer either Chili Red (since there aren't any laser red's around here), Fusion Blue, or Bronze Mist. BUT, all of these have Parchment interiors. The only cars left around here with Black interiors are 2.0T Anniversary additions.

Oh, the decisions in life. :)
we are talkin' about the e-code black strips. Look at my former car which has no orange reflector lights and the new one which has the organe reflector lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey man nice ride.

If you think you want to get rid of those wheels or decide to sell the aero wheels give me a shout first as I live in ottawa and it would be an easy pick up.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WeaponX said:
Hey man nice ride.

If you think you want to get rid of those wheels or decide to sell the aero wheels give me a shout first as I live in ottawa and it would be an easy pick up.
Hey....out of curiosity, you know of the Saab Club of Ottawa?

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know about it.... But havent got a chance to come out to the meetings. I have exchanged a couple emails with Mat B and he has invited me a couple times...
Should be one coming up right?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeppers.....Dec. 12th...

G

·
Sweet car, it just looks too clean to drive it in snow and salt. :(

Those Borbet wheels you had on your old car would look pretty nice on your new one. At least give it a try to see how it looks.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know....but the best deals are had at the end of a model year or model run, and that happens just before the winter season. :cry:

But, all is well, the car handles very well. I can not complain...

I do like these AERO rims very nice and I am still trying to find out the weight of these wheels. I know the Borbets are just over 20 lbs...

Anyone have ideas about these wheels?

Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts