1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they arrived today,

The ICM3 itself, Brand spankin new. part no:12772171

The EHU. also new. part no:12761503

The DVD unit. new. part no:12768494. still need bracket for it.

and this. which I was told was the positioning unit for the gps system. part no:12805668 . it mounts under the parcel shelf between the speakers but I am wondering if this is a positioning unit/'cu/pu' at all. It has a blue connection on the back for the GPS antenna, but also a phone connection(bordeaux) and bluetooth antenna connection(beige) on the back also. and on the front it has a sim card slot. is this the gps processing unit and phone unit all in one? heres some more picks of it:

Back, with coloured connectors.

and a close up of the sticker showing the wiring diagram for the back of the unit.

I dont know if my shark fin contains the gps antenna or not yet, I also need to get the bracket for the dvd unit, and the cable to connect it up. any thoughts on the 'positioning unit' is it what I thought I bought? many thanks.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03Arc said:
how much did u pay for all that? i want to do a retrofit as well. let me know how it goes
well everything saab in the usa seems to be half what we pay here in the uk. I paid £400/$800. But I imagine the same thing would probably only be $400 there. but i think alot of the sat nav hardware u use over there is very different to what we use here. we dont have onstar(whatever that is) here.

·
Super Moderator
9,177 Posts
phone unit with sim card reader...:cool:

if you've got infotainment manual look at pge 43..

·
Super Moderator
9,177 Posts
i'm guessing the gps signal is routed through the phone unit to the gps system

description i gave is how it's described in the manual..

nav system components are listed in the manual as 1)sid 2)dvd unit 3)shark fin 4)control panel 5)Steering wheel controls...

·
Registered
59 Posts
WooSAABy said:
well everything saab in the usa seems to be half what we pay here in the uk. I paid £400/$800. But I imagine the same thing would probably only be $400 there. but i think alot of the sat nav hardware u use over there is very different to what we use here. we dont have onstar(whatever that is) here.
ICM3 units are impossible to fidn in the US...never on Ebay, not to mention a full navigation setup. The only way to get this stuff here is through Saab. Two sites sell ICM3 units alone and they are 1000-$1200, a full set up will cost $2500 - $3000

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice work.

Let me know if you want to sell your original EHU please?

It would fix my quiet aux in (03), and reduce your swapover costs

Win-win.

Good luck with the fitting, I heard a rumour the loom for all this is around 250 pounds (in the questions on this ebay item 270184717519 sold by a dealer, same setup minus EHU)

They may be able to help you track one down, looks like a great project!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Article : Electronic unit
PartNo : 12805668
Usage : 2005-2006, 4D
Supplementary Description : Navigation system Telephone
English version
Order Quantity : 1
Taken from EPC

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think you may have struck gold there....

I went out and had a rummage around the back of my car to see what I could find.

DVD player, yep, always knew where that was.

GPS positioning unit - well, I think I've found it, (different location in a convertible - no parcel shelf) behind a panel in the boot, behind the back seat... and it looks similar to your unit, except - no phone sim slot etc. just a blank front end.

I don't have the phone fitted, so that would be right - it would also explain the high cost I'd been quoted to add the phone/bluetooth, as the whole unit would need to be changed.

From what I understand, the sharks fin is just a dummy on the cars without SatNav installed - but you're still well on the way to upgrading for not a lot of dosh.

Keep us posted how this works out.

ATB,

Phil

ps Be wary of buying your DVD from eBay (the disc itself) if you haven't done so already. There are loads of 2007 versions for sale out there, but it only works with the new 'touch-screen' nav units. The most up-to-date I've found has been the 2006 version (just waiting for it to be delivered now)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What you have there is the GPS Positioning unit complete with the inbuilt phone !! You got a cracking deal. I had a quote from Saab to change my positioning unit for the one you have (with sim reader) and the quote for unit alone was £625+VAT !! Well done... Christmas came early for you !

·
Registered
381 Posts
wshtb said:
Isn't everything married to VIN #? I'm curious if this will work? Please let us know once you install them.
If it is new, then no. If it is second hand, as long as it has been divorced by Saab then it can be added simply by Tech2.

I am also interested in this. Already done the ICM1 to ICM3 upgrade.

I have not looked at the rest in any depth unless I know about the Sharkfin/GPS issue.

Not much point in it working without an antenna.

Woosaaby, I bet you get wound up with that centre dash vent!!!! keep patience, it will come out!!!

Any chance of taking some photos during the changeover????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts