SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me start of by saying that SAAB 93 dash is just poop. At meat MY03 on. A while back I purchased a Garmin Navi and was looking for a place to install it. I found a spot on the dash just to the left of the pass seatbelt light (MY'07) For those who have Garmin's you know that it comes with a disk that has 3M adhesive tape on one side and gloss black on the other for the suction thing to attach. The spot seemed ok plus it covered the annoying amber seatbelt light thats always on. After i stuck the disk on and attached the unit I realized that the location is less the ideal b/c the navi gets in the way of the wiper handle.
I reluctantly and slowly started to remove the disc and...paint came off with it! It was about the size of a golf ball...I was soo pissed off! I loved my interior and took care of it and now this! It was as if the top layer just peeled right off.
A few month passed by and I just could not keep looking at that thing. I looked around for a solution, cost effective one. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and ordered a CF dash kit. Now, I know that most are crap so I opted for the best crap available. After receiving it I was pleasantly surprised with quality and how the edges looked. I had nothing to loose, so I placed it.
It's a basic kit, but comes with the door and wheel trim pieces (I didn't use those) I'm very happy with how it came out and so far prefer it to the old look. I just wanted to share pix and story in case others wanted to see how an after market kit looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
dash kit

Where did you get it from? Link please? And Cost?

Thanks

Let me start of by saying that SAAB 93 dash is just poop. At meat MY03 on. A while back I purchased a Garmin Navi and was looking for a place to install it. I found a spot on the dash just to the left of the pass seatbelt light (MY'07) For those who have Garmin's you know that it comes with a disk that has 3M adhesive tape on one side and gloss black on the other for the suction thing to attach. The spot seemed ok plus it covered the annoying amber seatbelt light thats always on. After i stuck the disk on and attached the unit I realized that the location is less the ideal b/c the navi gets in the way of the wiper handle.
I reluctantly and slowly started to remove the disc and...paint came off with it! It was about the size of a golf ball...I was soo pissed off! I loved my interior and took care of it and now this! It was as if the top layer just peeled right off.
A few month passed by and I just could not keep looking at that thing. I looked around for a solution, cost effective one. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and ordered a CF dash kit. Now, I know that most are crap so I opted for the best crap available. After receiving it I was pleasantly surprised with quality and how the edges looked. I had nothing to loose, so I placed it.
It's a basic kit, but comes with the door and wheel trim pieces (I didn't use those) I'm very happy with how it came out and so far prefer it to the old look. I just wanted to share pix and story in case others wanted to see how an after market kit looks. DO NOT ATTACH ANY ADHESIVE ON YOUR DASH :nono;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dash Kit

I know this is an old post, but did you need to remove any of the dash panels or buttons to install?
Thanx!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts