SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I left my 9-5 with wessy for 2 weeks and he didnt fix it ..................... he bloody transformed it:cheesy: :cheesy:

Absolutely awesome,

1. The new suspension set up is incredible, Aero Shocks, Eibach springs on the front, H&R springs on the rear (Wessy tried out all configurations and has got this spot on) she goes where I want her to and sits so solidly on the road yet is absolutely smooth, its lower and flatter, she doesnt dip on braking anywhere near as much and on acceleration she doesnt rise up losing traction, incredible job!

2. The engine bay looks awesome, better than the pics, the new fabriacted mountings for the ACC condenser are aluminium and look better than the factory could produce.

3. The 2.5" delivery pipe looks awesome and connects to 2.5" stainless pipework throughout, with silicone joints......... thats right into and out of the new intercooler and into the new custom air intake.

4. The intercooler..........the fitting is exceptional and it works, Wessy drove the car hard, to quote the great man ..................."Chris your car gets to 120mph bloody quick!" after this hard 20 minute drive the intake temp was 34 degrees centigrade. He then jumped into a 230 bhp standard aero and went for a spin, within ten minutes the intake temp was 8-10 degrees higher on the aero! Boost is up too as restriction has been removed!

5. The air intake.....The massive K&N cone filer is where the airbox was, and he's even fabricated an aluminium splash sheild, the induction noise is amazing, but the absolute bonus............the cream of the crop...............as its a more open system the dump valve goes....."physiiiiiiiisst" nice and loud as it dumps the boost...................awesome, I drove 130 miles with the window open just to hear it!

So to Wessy at Nottingham Saab, thanks so much, and sorry for the wind up call from the services on the way home.................awesome work pal :p

X

·
0 Posts
TOP CLASS..... Sounds the BIZZ buddy. First in line for a spin up the road please :cheesy: :cheesy: When the next meet??? Lots of photo's to follow please....

Finn :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
the cream of the crop...............as its a more open system the dump valve goes....."physiiiiiiiisst" nice and loud as it dumps the boost...................awesome, I drove 130 miles with the window open just to hear it!
I'm so jealous! Congrats, sounds like you have yourself quite a beast there now!

I'd love to hear what she sounds like, how about recording some sound for us all to hear :cheesy:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sounds good Chris, almost starting to tempt me to do something.

What was the costs of all this work.

And you are saying that the benefits are lower intake temps etc but how does this sit with all the talk of adapting down ?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, to be honest I sit at the limit of my trionic understanding when trying to find the cars paint code :cheesy:

With so many modifications in one go its very hard to decide what causes what effect, other than that great noise is definately from the intake and dump valve :cool:

However you want to break it down, the intake temperatures of my driven hard 265 bhp 9-5 were significantly lower than the 230 bhp aero, these cars always seem to go better when its cooler, and the power feels so strong especially higher in the rev range, its an absolute steam train!

With the larger volume of cooler air available an uprated fuel pressure regulator was fitted to balance this effect................what the hell trionic makes of this is anyones guess (I'm sure Adrain W will tell us) but clearly, it likes it so far but bear in mind I have made one journey in it and havent played..............well other than getting it to make that noise....... (I'm such a tart! :p )

The costs, well, for which bit(s)?

X

·
0 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
an uprated fuel pressure regulator was fitted to balance this effect................
Very interesting that Wessy has put on an uprated fuel reg... :)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
TheFox said:
Hi Chris:D

Sounds like you have been tinkering again:eek: Pics are where?

Mark
Great to have you back on Mark:cool: Did I read about a new Griffin coming soon? :confused:

There's a couple of threads on this forum, one called front mounted intercooler, http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46714 another called powder coating, http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46717 which have some pics of the build. I only got her back today so I havent taken any of my own, but as you know I dont need many excuses to post pics ;)

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picking up my new Griffin tomorrow- looks like we both have new toys to play with this weekend, although mine is probably a bit sedate in comparison.

Just seen pics;) will have to make an excuse to visit Essex soon to see "the beast". Suspension setup sounds interesting. Wonder how much fun/exhaustive testing Wessy undertook with your car... LOL.

Let me know if you are ever over my way...

Mark

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TheFox said:
Picking up my new Griffin tomorrow- looks like we both have new toys to play with this weekend, although mine is probably a bit sedate in comparison.
Excellent, and what an endorsement for the Griffin too ;)

TheFox said:
Just seen pics;) will have to make an excuse to visit Essex soon to see "the beast". ........Let me know if you are ever over my way...

Mark
Definately ! :cool:

X

·
0 Posts
The only downside when I had my car tinkered with was the dreaded phone call to the insurance company. Bunch of Robbing............:confused: The really ironic thing was that they didnt have a clue what I was on about when I gave them a list of the mods :roll:

Finn :)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
36 Posts
open element intakes are always better for entertainment and they drop intake temps.
Glad to see he made you a splash shield too.
can't have you hydro locking the 2.3 anytime soon :)

as for the blow-off valve(dump valve)
those are half the fun, with my turbo car
sometimes I just like to roll down the windows, give it 3/4 throttle and listen to the turbo spool up and left off to hear the bov vent.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice. I've been thinking of getting a performance exhaust for our '04 Aero sedan. But the stock purr I must say is quite pleasureable for now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey chris9-5

he did give you a whole new car, he put the steering wheel on the wrong side :cheesy:

do you happan to have a pic of the splash shield he made for the intake?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts