SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i took the plunge bought an 02 9-5 linear only 35k miles on it i just have a few questions

I have no clue as to the cars history other than its off lease.

when should i get it serviced?

I noticed the drivers side temp control button lights dont come on is this coverd under warranty ?

what kind of oil to use in it ? or do i really have to take it to saab dealer for an oil change?.

anyhting else i should be looking out for? theo nly other car ive owned was a ford focus :) so ANY help is greatly appreciated. but god i love this car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi there, i know how happy you are ... I used to own a focus before switching to the current 95. The focus simply cannot offer the same type of power my old 900 offered.
congrats to you!

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You will find the car will tell you when to service it. :eek: You'll get a message on the SID saying TIME FOR SERVICE (this appears 365 days or 600 miles before its due whichever is sooner). Use fully synthetic oil with OE oil filters...we recommend an oil change every 6k miles, not the SAAB service interval of 12k miles, purely to prevent engine sludging problems.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about htat light on my climate control buttons? No hope? the whole unit has to come out and its not coverd is what im guessing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe im not describing it right? but the blue and red buttons to make it warmer and cooler does not light up on the drivers side but on the passangers side it does

TOok it for a ride today. OH MAN its quick, If i wasn't still in school i would of taken the extra 5k and bought the aero but im very happy with what i have... beats the snot out of the focus

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The temp up/down buttons are not illuminated, the buttons are rubber and cannot be backlit. :roll:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, im sure everyones is supposed to be. Maybe there area few out there that just went out. Now, Is this repairable easily? Would it be coverd under the warranty? should i just get a new ACC from ebay or something and throw it in there?

G

·
masterjml said:
well, im sure everyones is supposed to be. Maybe there area few out there that just went out. Now, Is this repairable easily? Would it be coverd under the warranty? should i just get a new ACC from ebay or something and throw it in there?
I would try the warranty before spending any wonga.. :confused:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Usually if you bring it in to the dealership for an oil change they can look up the service history as well as see if there are any pending recalls.
It's coverd under the warranty and it wouldn't hurt to ask them about the lights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahh, that i did not know. Thanks! :D

So, glad i got this car now that gas is around $4 a gallon. I am looking to get some cool accessories or something. Anyone recomend any ?

Does anyone have a picture of the dark blue 9 5 with the windows tinted? I want to do it because i liek the privacy but im afraid of the look its going to give the car. I'll post some pics if ya want.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
masterjml said:
Gawd this is an almost trivial repair.

All you need are the radio removal tools (14.00 on ebay, or make your own) and a pair of replacement bulbs.

To affect the repair.

1) Use the radio removal tools to eject the head unit from the car. Remove it and set it aside.

2) Reach down to the now exposed hole and push the Temperature controls forward. It will snap right out when pushed from behind.

3) Use a screwdriver to remove the bulb covers from the back of the Temp module. Screw about 1/2 turn to remove the bayonet style mounting.

4) Insert new bulb.

5) Reverse the above.

Time to completion 5-6 minutes.

Doable by a complete novice. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im going to get it detailed and not worry about the silly light for today just wait till i go in for that oil change but thank you all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts