SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 05 Nissan Sentra 1.8S

Well guys, I finally got rid of her. This time for good. It didn't make any sense to keep it, when I been taking paycut after paycut the last two years. I wasn't living within my means anymore. So I traded her in and lowered my monthly car payment by $250.00.

I bought the Sentra for $13,250. It's a great car for that price. My parents have had Datsun/Nissan's in the family even before I was born. I went home from the Hostipal in a 1972 510 Wagon. :D My first car was a 1990 Nissan PU, I bought new when I was 16. I had it for eight years before I gave it to my brother. I never had problems with it.

I travel 24 miles each way to work, so I decided to get a auto this time. It still gets 28/34 mpg. I do miss the extra 100hp from the SS though. :( I got to say, the build quality is top notch on the car. The interior might be full of hard plastic, but the pieces are solid. The wiper/turn signal stocks have a heavy solid feel to them, more then I could say about the SS ones. The car even came with the 300W 9 speaker Rock Fosgate system. It has a 7 indash changer, and a subwoofer in the trunk. It puts the 300W SS system to shame. It even has a AUX in on the face plate.

I know the Sentra won't win any car shows with its looks. I didn't want to be like every Tom, D!ck, and Harry with a Corolla or Civic, and I won't buy a Korean car ever. So I chose the Sentra. I don't see too many around here.

Well its been fun the last two years on here. I hope I helped some people out. I know I learned a few things about my car from other members on here.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
After waiting patiently months for you to come back & tell us where you been...
I've been worried sick finklejag! I've been going through finklejag-withdrawal, I will have to admit.

I hope you thouroughly interviewed & auditioned whoever inherited your Cosmic baby. Whatever they paid for it, the amount was far too little for what they're getting.

At any rate, I'm glad you're reporting in, jealous of all the Sentra owners who will benefit from your knowledge, and deeply greatful for all your contributions to the Forum, and community in general.

Aw crap where's my damn hanky... :cry:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like many Nissans....very reliable. But you better not get hit in the side while driving your Sentra......you'll be wishing you kept the 9-3! Check the Sentra safety ratings....not pretty.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
at least you should be able to find aftermarket parts for your new car. it sucks to see you go man. as hard as it may seem, have fun driving your new ride.

finklejag...do you plan on being as meticulous with this car as you were with the SS?...or is it just gonna be a car that gets you from point A to B?

·
Registered
230 Posts
You will be missed... we all learned a lot and had a lot of fun thanks to you.

I hope none of those Nissan guys try to pass off the wrong wheel on you in you next forum, they'll be in for it! Are you sure you couldn't of waited for a deal on a 300ZX TT and made M4Gunner and I very jealous?

-j-

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Sorry to see you go, but then you wont really be leaving.
I have personally greatly appreciated your helpful insight as to the dos and dont dos to our beloved Saabs. I will continue to research in your threads when needed.
Bon voyage.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Best of Luck with the new Car. Looks nice with th emesh grill now, and the stereo sound sreal nice. I also have had Nissans in the past, I had a 200SX & 240SX in the mid 90's (both stick, both fun and reliable cars). And my wife had a Frontier for a few years that we liked. I agree with you, and like this car better than the others in this category, with the possible exception of the Mazda3 (which probably would have been more $$).

I know you didn't want to get rid of your blue beauty, but we all have to do what we have to do...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I so wanted your car! Cosmic Blue & 6-speed??? Man, I only wish I knew you were looking to get rid of her :cry:

·
Registered
752 Posts
93Linear said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I so wanted your car! Cosmic Blue & 6-speed??? Man, I only wish I knew you were looking to get rid of her :cry:
My sentiments exactly, that was a really nice and well kept car. Good Luck finklej and hopefully this "downgrade" will only be a temporary setback. At the end of the day you made the right decision, maybe WHEN things turn around you can get the v6 model or better yet go even more upmarket.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for your instructional posts, your oil change instructions was one of the best posts on this board. It's in my top three with Alex's Aux-in and Viscouse's radar detector hard wire. Make sure to let us know your next vehicle, I sense you coming back to the Euro-side!

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
have fun with the Sentra fink.

1st step is to get some 18"s on that bad boy.

don't forget your stickers for extra HP:cheesy:

where did the cosmic blue end up? that was easily one of the top 5 cars in the SS section.

don't forget to stop in every now and then hopefully when the economy gets better we'll see you back for the '09 9-3SS

good luck

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry to see you go, finklejag. Thanks for all your wisdom, I can't tell you how many times I've searched for stuff and ended up finding the answer in one of your posts. I guess this means you won't be a moderator here :(.

Best of luck! Drop by and say hello sometime.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for all the nice words. I hope to keep the Sentra no longer then a year. I will pay down some bills, and hopefully move up to a nicer car. I have my eye on this. I have owned 3 VW hatchbacks, and after seeing the MK5 Golf/GTI. I will steer clear of VW's for a while. Nissan concepts are always pretty close to the actual production car. So I will wait and see if and when Nissan rolls this one out.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sad to see you go, man. I have always enjoyed your posts and always learnt a thing or two about grooming the car. Also, many thanks for the help you have rendered in the past. I appreciate it very much. Unfortunately my current job doesn't give me any chance to go to Vancouver or Portland. If I do, will definitely look you up.

Good luck! Do drop by and say hello whenever.

Cheers,
eps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts