SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a 2000 SE and my ACC was going into recalibration every day throwing out code 1-22. I finally decided to go to the dealer and get that updated (software update). I made an appointment and carried the TSB about the issue in my hand. The nice lady said it will cost $80 because it is over an hour of work to plug in the computer (!) and do the software download (if they gave it to me I would have "plugged in" the computer in less than 10 seconds!). I said that I quite disagree with that, especially that the TSB mentioned it takes 0.3 hr. But ok, lets go with that... They took my car from the service area and... parked it behind the dealership for half hour! Half hour later a tech came out and took the car in. I asked him that I also got Service Alarm message last weekend, and since I fixed the siren I would like to know what code is stored for that. He said OK... Took him exactly 20 mins to do the upgrade. On his way out I asked him if he checked the code. He just said "no" and turned his back. I went to pay, and told the "nice" lady (I was pretty cynical at this point) that it DID take the tech 20 mins, not nearly and hour. She smiled at me and said $84.78... At least we'll see if they did do the upgrade or if they actually did nothing...

Just wanted to vent...

2000 SE V6 Wagon 97k

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I needed a new CD changer married to the car. A rip-off, but unfortunately necessary.

Re your problem, I was having a similare problem 2-3 years ago just before the battery died. I suspect that for some reason it was not holding enough charge to keep the calibration memorised. I've never seen the problem again since putting in a new battery.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my thinking exactly... except I got a brand new battery last Monday and it didn't help - still everyday recalibration :/ We'll see how it behaves after today.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Sounds all too familiar...i was told an hour to program a new SID to the car, £109 plus vat! Being in the know i told 'em to stick it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts