SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first let me say, the actually wipers work on any mode. But when I pull back to engage the misters nothing happens. Very new to Saabs, as well as diagnosing problems. please help.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,523 Posts
Mine somewhat stopped working today, I fixed them though.
To figure out exactly what's wrong, open the hood and remove the clips at the base of the hood liner (use a small screw driver or whatever to insert into the little hole and they should pop out).
Lift the liner out of the tabs that hold it in place at the base of the hood.
Bend the liner back from the base heading towards the front of the car and you'll see the 3 sprayers and the lines that connect them all.
What I did was leave the hood down, turn the power on (ignition) and sprayed, then I checked the underside and noticed when I opened the hood there was pink fluid dripping out from the base, so i knew it was something wrong around the nozzle area.
My driver side would spray, but the middle and passenger side wouldn't.
What I found was, the back of the 'T' where the centre nozzle is was missing the small plastic cap where the lines meet the nozzle. (Once you have have the liner peeled back, you'll see what I mean).
I found the plastic cover thing (i tapped the hood liner and it fell out, there was nowhere else for it to go, I just don't know how it fell off to begin with).
I put the cap back on and tried the sprayers... PERFECT! Just like new!

Not sure if this will help, but say the first (drive side in U.S cars) nozzle or line has an issue, it will affect ALL the other nozzles (they will be very weak or not work at all). The main sprayer is the battery side nozzle and the line runs 't' connections to the centre and far nozzles. So even if there is an issue with the centre nozzle, the far nozzle will seem dying/dead as well, even if it's fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's like something in electrical I feel. The Wipers do not even engage when I pull back. Thanks tho. Now that I know how to check all that I'll look through and check out some things.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
it's like something in electrical I feel. The Wipers do not even engage when I pull back. Thanks tho. Now that I know how to check all that I'll look through and check out some things.
Sounds like the wiper motor is shot. Might be fixable. See How to sticky.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sounds like the wiper motor is shot. Might be fixable. See How to sticky.
I don't think so. He said that the wipers work in any mode:

Well first let me say, the actually wipers work on any mode. But when I pull back to engage the misters nothing happens. Very new to Saabs, as well as diagnosing problems. please help.
Something similar happened to me. Like Nocturne said, you could look first if you have fluid leaking when you engage the misters. If not, I would check if you have voltage at the pump when engaging.

·
Registered
397 Posts
May be a dumb question but is it possible that your fluid froze? I know it's been cold in the northeast and Pittsburg. Granted, stores are selling the winter mix good to -20 deg F but maybe you had a partial mix of the summer stuff (freezes faster) and the winter mix? I had that in one vehicle last week. Warmed up, working fine. Can you hear a motor / pump?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Common issue, if you run out of fluid and press the lever to dispense fluid they **** themselves. Likely need new nozzels. So far (touch wood), this has been my only repair in three years :) :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May be a dumb question but is it possible that your fluid froze? I know it's been cold in the northeast and Pittsburg. Granted, stores are selling the winter mix good to -20 deg F but maybe you had a partial mix of the summer stuff (freezes faster) and the winter mix? I had that in one vehicle last week. Warmed up, working fine. Can you hear a motor / pump?
yea pittsburgh is where I am from and it's about -1 right now. but I honestly don't know to much but I can say for a fact that it something with electrical. The wiper motors are fine. Just when I pull back to spray nothing at all happens. My wipers don't move nothing sprays. but the wipers will work in any other mode

·
Registered
824 Posts
Check your owner's manual for the location of the windshield washer pump fuse. It will be located in the engine bay fuse panel. I believe in 2008+ cars it is fuse #22 - not sure if it's different on earlier models.

If the fuse is fine, then the pump may be shot. It's an easy fix. The pump is located in the driver's side front fender well behind the cover and attached to the fluid reservoir. If you have headlight washers, the windshield pump is the one on the left (I think).

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Very likely yes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check your owner's manual for the location of the windshield washer pump fuse. It will be located in the engine bay fuse panel. I believe in 2008+ cars it is fuse #22 - not sure if it's different on earlier models.

If the fuse is fine, then the pump may be shot. It's an easy fix. The pump is located in the driver's side front fender well behind the cover and attached to the fluid reservoir. If you have headlight washers, the windshield pump is the one on the left (I think).
Would this make the blades not even move with the lever pull? My car started this two days ago, and the wipers still work normally any time you move the lever up and down, just not on a pull for wash. NOTHING happens...nothing...

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Would this make the blades not even move with the lever pull? My car started this two days ago, and the wipers still work normally any time you move the lever up and down, just not on a pull for wash. NOTHING happens...nothing...
Sounds like a stalk or CIM problem to me. They should still move even if the tank is dry or the pump isn't working.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Does the intermittent selection work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts