Took her in for service this morning

- Intermediate Service
- Door handles
- Heat shield or flex pipe rattle
- Rear view mirror assembly rattle
- Frequent key failure
- Trans SW for slippage
- Sunroof/Shade rattle

I'll let you know how it goes. After making a number of trips I decided it was easier to save up the little issue for one service visit. I have a 9-2x Linear as a loaner (what a dog, no acceleration). They had me walk around the loaner car and verrify there was no damage, I told the service adviser that the Aero badges were missing but she did not find it very funny. I thought it was funny.

-j-

·
Registered
609 Posts
jermichael said:
They had me walk around the loaner car and verrify there was no damage, I told the service adviser that the Aero badges were missing but she did not find it very funny. I thought it was funny.

-j-
LOL. That is funny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe this will make you feel a bit better about your 9-2x loaner.... Last time I had my car serviced, the dealership gave me a Chevy MALIBU! I had HOPED for a 9-3 Convertible, but I would've been satisfied with a 9-5 or something like that. And, to make matters worse I had to sport the Malibu the entire weekend. It was a humbling experience to say the least.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChanelGirl- My wife has a 2002 Malibu LS, they are not that bad. Far more grunt than the 9-2x Linear. And that weirdly gated auto shifter. It takes 5 different movements to get it into drive. Also there is no indicater at the stick for what gear you in, it is in the instrument cluster. Park and Neutral are in red and the others in white so you first think you are in neutral intead of drive because it is "lit" in red. Oh, and the key is in the wrong place ;)

I am still in my 3 year service so there shouldn't be any charge. I did see a sign on the wall showed that main service is $675. Wow. I am probably going to have to pay for that one myself. Or start packing on the miles.

I am going to pick it up in about 1 hour. They said they did the following. (Though they couldn't find one of my rattles they found one of their own. I am actually, and finally, impressed.)

- Intermediate Service > oil change, rotate tires cabin air filter, etc.
- Door handles > replaced all 4
- Heat shield or flex pipe rattle > resecured a heat shield
- Rear view mirror assembly rattle > insulated piece that was rattling
- Frequent key failure > replaced both keys
- Trans SW for slippage > updated SW
- Sunroof/Shade rattle > could not find any issue
- Additional > Found a rattle in the third brake light assembly and insulated that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
jermichael said:
I am going to pick it up in about 1 hour. They said they did the following. (Though they couldn't find one of my rattles they found one of their own. I am actually, and finally, impressed.)

- Intermediate Service > oil change, rotate tires cabin air filter, etc.
- Door handles > replaced all 4
- Heat shield or flex pipe rattle > resecured a heat shield
- Rear view mirror assembly rattle > insulated piece that was rattling
- Frequent key failure > replaced both keys
- Trans SW for slippage > updated SW
- Sunroof/Shade rattle > could not find any issue
- Additional > Found a rattle in the third brake light assembly and insulated that.
I noticed you live close to Detroit. Could you tell me what dealer did you take and provided you so good service.
I live in Ohio, close to the border with Michigan. I believe my options near here are not so good (small dealer), so please let me know, I believe I'll take my car there.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
They rotated your tires for free at your intermediate service?? My dealer told me it was $75!! And no I certainly didn't let them do it either.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
OK, now I'm pissed. The service manual in my glovebox specifically states tire rotation at the intermediate service. Shouldn't this be free?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove the car a bit today, it is wonderful. I am very happy. I did trade three rattles for a new one (old but back again). The driver's door rattle is now far worse (constant and louder vs. occasional and quiet) after they replaced the door handle. I doubt I will have any problems getting it taken care of. I had it fixed once and though it did not go away it was improved significantly. I beleive them when they said that there may always be a slight rattle as the locking mechanism has moving parts that have to move without interference.

Diggs - yes they rotated the tires. In the service manual this is specifically listed as part of the intermediate service. In the past I have had conversations with them on the lack of agreement/clarity between what the dealer says at times, the service manual, Saab's website, and the US GM/Saab owners site. In the end it came down to this - according to the dealer and Saab USA the service manual supplied with the vehicle is right.

pauloxxi - I go to Saab of Troy (North of Detroit), in the past I have had minor issues with them but have been quite happy lately. Many other people here on the forum and others I know in the area have postive things to say as well. There are actually dealers in Ann Arbor, Southfield, and Troy.

If you have been unhappy with your dealer's service dept., I would talk to the service manager first. When I was a bit frustrated last year I talked to the service manager. I felt much better after speaking up, they cleared up a few things that they did not adequately/properly communicate, and clarified a few things that I didn't quite have right in my head. I also think you will probably have more pull if it is the dealer you purchased your car at. Any dealer should be willing to offer you a great level of service but if you bought the car there, they may be willing to go the extra mile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts