SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
By 2008, in the North American market, did Saab sell anything other than the 210 HP version?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. It looks like this car is under that category.
Is it a B207R or B207L/E engine?
B207R
By 2008, in the North American market, did Saab sell anything other than the 210 HP version?
I have no idea lol

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have BioPower engines in NA?
I don't think BioPower was ever offered. Diesel certainly wasn't.
Yeah I don't think BioPower was ever offered nor diesel.

But, if the original owner never had the valve job done, I would think I should tell my friend to steer very far away from it right? Despite how beautiful it is..

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
no biopwer
no diesel
b207r or v6 only motors in 2008 for NA
could have intake valbe issue. might not. you’ll never know until winter. too warm now unless they are really bad now. you could have independent mechanic perform compression test but thats no guarantee

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
If the 9-3 wagon is the kind of Saab she wants, then there isn't much choice. The alternative would be a 2006 wagon with any engine, or an Aero wagon with the V6. Unfortunately there aren't that many Saabs out there, and they're all getting older. It's not like an Accord where you can go look at the next one for sale.

You might want to try to find the previous owner and enquire why they are letting go such a nice car. (Could be they know valve issues are coming up?)

Unfortunately this is a dealer, so they may say "we know nuttin' 'bout no valve issues" and wait for a buyer who is less informed. I don't know how much bargaining room you have with the "valve issues".

Then again, if the car has its service records with it, you may see if the valves have been addressed or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts