SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
with all the talk/posts about FMIC intercoolers i thought i would throw my hat into the ring and get my own little project going.

here's what i bought today ($120aud, $91usd, £50)

should fit nicely behind this

any thoughts and opinions (pipe work especially) would be greatly appreciated.

al ;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
it looks very nice & was very cheap ;)

should suit the c900 very well, be a nice fit behind the grille

as for intake pipes, get some custom made ones :cool: :cool:

Paul

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PDA, see that lower intake slot on the airflow kit (below my stupidly big number plate) i am aiming to have it mounted their but will have too see actually how low the I/C it will sit.

As for custom pipes can you guys offer tips, that is the one thing that has been keeping me back from doing the FMIC install.

al ;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Any decent tuning shop can make some custom intake pipes..will not be that dear $$$Aus/££££££

or you can do it yourself with the help of SFS/Samco silicone hoses ;)

HTH Paul

·
Registered
389 Posts
that looks to be the exact IC that i have on my 91, its a great fit, just need to hack off the tow hooks and take out the a/c condenser and it nests right in there perfectly.

only issue i had was that the inlets were just a hair too large, but if ya really try you can sqeeze the stock TB to IC coupler on the end of it. but yeah custom pipes would work alot better.

keep us posted!

Paul

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
looks like he has the aero bodykit and saab airflow bumpers. they look sweet but thoes aero bumpers don't have that wonderful flexible lower spoiler on stock aero kits and turbo cars. so if you live in an area with lots of dips, steep driveways, and speedbumps you can easily break/crack/rip the bumper. i decided not to go that route.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
now THIS is a intercooler that can support some real power :cheesy: only issue here is you are either going to have to fab up some sort of apparatus that moves the rad and condenser back about an inch, or loose the airconditioning :cry: this was the primary reason I went with the 2" core and not the 3" on my car. I would die with out aircon in the summer... it is also pretty handy for de-misting all year round.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, will head to the local exhaust shop this weekend or next to see what i dig up pipe wise.

Was also thinking of clocking the turbo like tandion did aswell any tips on that aswell?

will keep you in the loop progress wise.

al ;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
no need to "clock" the turbo if you find one of these its a volvo 940/850 Turbo intake pipe works great, John-W & I both are running these with no problem..;)

HTH Paul

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I/C just arrived..

like Orca said:

FWAR!!!

this thing is huge!!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
If you mean Al Aero's second picture, it was there a few days ago ... infact, when I saw it, I bagged it for my backdrop ;oops: I use Safari and cannot see it now, though. It was a picture of his outstanding looking Airflow C900 :cool:

·
Registered
694 Posts
i cant tell if thats the same IC i've got in my car or not. here is a pic of how it compares to the stock IC

yeah, I had already removed AC in my car, so it wasnt a problem. IF your IC is any wider than mine, you're gonna have some serious issues with making it fit.....

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
I can not find that on the UK ebay for £50, its more like £130 by the time it finds its way on to the UK shores.

I suppose China is much closer to Oz than the UK and we have too many middle men.

Nice IC and it is big, must be heavy? so it has a large area over the standard IC?

I must get my FMIC moving in the hope i get better Mpg and am not joking!

yeh yehh boost is great when you can afford it;oops:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts