SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody, this is my very first Saab 900. It's my third car but the first one I realy like. I like Saab 900's a lot! Especially mine, beceause I like them most in black and coupe-version. It also has got LPG on board witch allows me to drive at minimum cost. I'm very much content of it and would never like to own another one unless it's a turbo. By the way I almost forgot to say that I bought this beauty for 500 Euro's, for another 300 euro's I had let the lpg installation fixed. I hope that I can drive a few years with it, it has 240 000 km on it's klocks, but is in very good condition.
Greetz, Benny

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Hi Benny, I've edited the link in your post. You need to either host the picture on a picture hosting site if you use IMG tags, or post it as an attachment. You can't use image tags linking direct to your hard drive. More details here.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Welcome

Hello,welcome to SC, i'm going to have a little party for my car in about 350 miles as i'll have broken 230k miles, whohooo!

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you take care of that car, it'll run for one heck of a lot longer. Mine (an '84 900 turbo) has 235,000 miles-which is about 387,000 km-on it and still purrs like a kitten. Congrats on your new baby.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats, my wife and I are on our second Saab already in 1 years time. The first one, a 91 2 door 900S ran like a champ, and had 200K on the odo. we needed a 4 door, so we sold that for a 500 dollar profit over what we paid, and bought a 92 900S four door with 140K on the odo.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
84Saab900TURBO said:
If you take care of that car, it'll run for one heck of a lot longer. Mine (an '84 900 turbo) has 235,000 miles-which is about 387,000 km-on it and still purrs like a kitten. Congrats on your new baby.
wow that's great to hear! I thought mine had high mileage at 183 000 kms so now I don't feel so bad.

Benny said:
Hi everybody, this is my very first Saab 900. It's my third car but the first one I realy like. I like Saab 900's a lot! Especially mine, beceause I like them most in black and coupe-version. It also has got LPG on board witch allows me to drive at minimum cost. I'm very much content of it and would never like to own another one unless it's a turbo. By the way I almost forgot to say that I bought this beauty for 500 Euro's, for another 300 euro's I had let the lpg installation fixed. I hope that I can drive a few years with it, it has 240 000 km on it's klocks, but is in very good condition.
Greetz, Benny
Hey Benny seeing as though your car is the same model as mine I think you have a 2.1L engine but I stand corrected if someone knows better.

get that pic up soon. :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I thought the 2.1 was only ever released in North America instead of the LPT? Unless Australia got them too, but I'm pretty sure Europe didn't.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yep Australia got them too cause mine is and so are the few late 90's 900i Aeros I've seen around. Mine doesn't have it on the badge but this one does.

you have to squint

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Over here they were just badged as the 900 S or 900 S Aero, but there were also non-turbo 900 S's. Only way to tell is a turbo under the bonnet but no boost gauge, intercooler or APC - there's no distinguishing features from the outside.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Jezzadee said:
Over here they were just badged as the 900 S or 900 S Aero, but there were also non-turbo 900 S's. Only way to tell is a turbo under the bonnet but no boost gauge, intercooler or APC - there's no distinguishing features from the outside.
Here I have seen a 900 S and a 900 S turbo so I suppose that doesn't tell you much does it? I don't think many strangers will let me check under the hood though. Although I suppose I could mock up some sort of uniform and say "I need to do a turbo inspection, pop the hood please madam this will only take a minute."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts