SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently totaled a 2005 VW Jetta GLI. Wanted to look into getting new GLI but just couldn't get used to exterior styling. Looked at IS, A4, and C. Just eh...I am currently a representative for GM, and have access to dealer connections as well as discounts. Got a decent deal on this baby with great help from Schumacher in West Palm, FL. Had this car for about 3 weeks now, and so far I really like it. I have it in titan gray metallic with the 2.0t. Pretty gutsy little car with plenty of torque and pretty good gas mileage. Navigation, rear park assist, OnStar, Bi-xenon cornering lights, passenger power seat, front fogs, 17" AERO wheel option, with 5 spd auto...posted some pics let me know what you guys think....

·
Registered
230 Posts
The car looks great and I really like the options you have.

The Gray and the extra tint on the windows has a good appearance.

It took me a while to warm up to the 08 design, but now I like it.

Congratulations, and good luck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
it does kinda look like a big, more badass mazda 3:cheesy:

looks great from the outside but i'm more jealous of the number of options you've got in there:p

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
This?

Hmmm... I see a little bit of a similarity in some things... Must be the color. ;) Mazda lines are quite a bit more choppy, however. Not the same appeal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Coming from someone who sells these, drives one, and has seen every possible confirguration, I have to say you nailed it! From the tinted windows to the wheels, it couldn't be better looking for a 2.0T.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hmm...

I don't see a similarity at all, besides color and star rims. Ever compare up close in person? Way different! If anything, i have friends (females) who don't much about cars had thought that my 9-3 was an Audi or bmw. But these days, lots are sedans seem to be architectured to a sleek Euro design so they all have that higher rear/trunk look.

deniss said:
This?

Hmmm... I see a little bit of a similarity in some things... Must be the color. ;) Mazda lines are quite a bit more choppy, however. Not the same appeal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
There is some similarities with the Mazda 3. However, some of it is because car companies try to mimic the latest style. That's why you rarely see bell bottomed jeans.

The 9-3 not having side moldings on the door is inexcusable. Very short sided or way too much attention to cost cutting at the owner's expense. Saab drivers drive cars unlike Bentley or Ferrari, which are automotive competitors to the yacht or diamond necklace.

Saab doesn't need the latest gagets but should have body side moldings, locking gas flap, remote trunk release. In fact, I'd prefer those over power windows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts