·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
588 Posts
CMerriman said:
Here's a similarly equipped car I "built" on Saab's website...

http://www2.saabusa.com/build/print.asp?buildID=CFFE28A9-0B5B-4C8B-90B3-63A1DE033A99

The sales manager I bought my Vector from last year is giving us an initial offer on this vehicle for $31,105 out the door... It also has the Bose Premium Audio system, in addition with all the options on the car in the link I provided...

What do you guys think?
After recently getting quotes from all over CT, it seems liek a pretty darn good price for an 08 Aero.

Check your PM when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Check out luxury motors dot com for good deals on 07 Saabs instead. You are paying an additional $4K for headlights, taillights and different sheet metal. You could buy Bilsteins, springs, wheels, audio upgrade and other goodies with the difference.

Next summer the 08's will be selling for $27-$28 anyways.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Opps, forgot to add the TTL...

I'm guessing at another addtion $1,500, since I could probably sweet talk him another $200-$300...

So about $32,500 out the door is my guestimation when you include the TTL

·
Registered
588 Posts
CMerriman said:
Opps, forgot to add the TTL...

I'm guessing at another addtion $1,500, since I could probably sweet talk him another $200-$300...

So about $32,500 out the door is my guestimation when you include the TTL

It would be about 2k just for taxes. $31k selling, but tax is BEFORE rebates, so 6% of 34k is 2 grand.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joemama said:
It would be about 2k just for taxes. $31k selling, but tax is BEFORE rebates, so 6% of 34k is 2 grand.
Duh, wow I feel brain dead tonight... lol

So my horrible math skills but it at roughly $33,000-$33,500 after incentives/rebates... Does that sound right to anyone?

Can you tell I've only purchased one car in my life so far? lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
$6K off seems really good to me, I think your pops should wait for the XWD Aero due stateside in about 3-months.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
If you want a deal find an 07'. Incentives should be getting much better in the next few weeks.

If I remember correctly, last year the incentives got real sweet in Dec. then around Dec. 14 0% financing for 6 years on top of all rebates were good until Jan. 5 or something then went away for good (the 0% financing).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with Cosmic, get an '07 and use the $5,500 rebate. Plus, dealers that want to get rid of old stock, they should be getting nervous right about now.

My only disappointment with the '08 9-3 is the elimination of the rear-lip spoiler. The Aero lost a nice diffentiation point. I can't belive that Saab/GM is saving all that much by getting rid of it. I like the front end on the new 9-3 except for the chrome outline in the fog light bezel. It looks cheap. I prefer the stock 9-3 without the chrome. Oh well. Progress. :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with the concept of picking up an 07 for less cost. The 07 Aero I picked up last Saurday was under $30K. Ironically the same car (2008 version) was $36K+. On the other hand, if he's set on an 08, $31K is a good buy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I haven't seen an 08 AERO yet. my dealership has many 2.0T's but no Aeros.

on a side note you should be able to do an 07AERO loaded for around 29-30K.
they are still out there. colors are limited, but they are around.
my dealer has silver, Smoke Beige, laser Red Aeros.
I got mine w/ EVERY option for 32K in August.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why did they eliminate the rear deck spoiler for the '08 Aero? I saw that the forthcoming Aero XWD had the lip spoiler again. Maybe they're setting this up as a point of differentiation for the XWD. Too bad.

2008 9-3 Aero

No lip-spoiler. :cry:

·
Registered
437 Posts
kcaudell said:
Why did they eliminate the rear deck spoiler for the '08 Aero? I saw that the forthcoming Aero XWD had the lip spoiler again. Maybe they're setting this up as a point of differentiation for the XWD. Too bad.

2008 9-3 Aero

No lip-spoiler. :cry:
Yep,
same skirts on the 2.0T and Aero also. bummer.
so for now it looks like Dual exhaust and "AERO" badge on trunk and wheels are the only external notifiers.
possibly fogs..
I thought the skirts and deck lid spoiler were nice Stock items for the Aero, but you can still by the Spoiler to get it closer to the Pre-08 Aero.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CMerriman said:
Here's a similarly equipped car I "built" on Saab's website...
Does the $31K include CT sales tax? If so, that's probably a pretty good deal for an '08.

You could buy an identical '07 up here in MA for ~$27K, but automatics are starting to be in short supply.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Called today to price out a fully loaded Aero, and the price before any discounts was around CAD46K and after Saab Loyalty and all that it came down to about CAD 43K. Eventhough the price is cheaper than when i first bought my 03, its still much more expensive than the US. These prices do not include the 13.5%tax:evil:

·
Registered
588 Posts
VSTOL_Yoda said:
I agree with the concept of picking up an 07 for less cost. The 07 Aero I picked up last Saurday was under $30K. Ironically the same car (2008 version) was $36K+. On the other hand, if he's set on an 08, $31K is a good buy.
I agree. I decided to go with an 07 instead of an 08 and I love the car. You really will save yourself a bunch of money too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
platypus said:
Yep,
same skirts on the 2.0T and Aero also. bummer.
so for now it looks like Dual exhaust and "AERO" badge on trunk and wheels are the only external notifiers.
possibly fogs..
I thought the skirts and deck lid spoiler were nice Stock items for the Aero, but you can still by the Spoiler to get it closer to the Pre-08 Aero.
The Aero will have the spun aluminum finish around the fog lights, center portion of front spoiler / grill is flat black vs body color and same for the rear bottom spoiler trim. Flat black vs body color.

The Turbo X will have different exh tips, a rear spoiler, different 18" wheels, carbon fiber interior trim and throwback turbo gauge to name just a few.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tell your dad to go buy a 2007 Aero, the rebates just went up another $1,000 (according to the dealer who called earlier today)!!

2007 9-3 2.0T $5,000 Rebate
2007 9-3 Aero $6,500 Rebate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts