SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Saab of Memphis this past Thursday to get my 9-3 SS worked on, and while I was up there I saw they had two 9-4x's. Well, after waiting two hours for my car to be ready, and me constantly looking back at the 9-4x I decided hell with it! I asked the one dealer that was there if he would mind my bro and I checking out the 9-4x Aero. (keep in mind I am 22 and my bro is 24 and the MSRP is $50,680) anyway he said sure not a problem. Well he told us about the car and gave me the key and said if you want to drive it go for it have fun. I was thinking oh hell ya! So we checked it out a little longer and went for a drive. I know I want an SUV or Crossover next, I have been looking at either a Audi Q7 4.2 Quattro, Saab 9-4x Aero, BMW X5, Mercedes ML350 4Matic, or go American and get a Tahoe/Suburban, or Durango/Jeep. I can tell you I am in love with the 9-4x Aero! It has the 2.8 V6 with the High Output Turbo at 300hp. Full black leather heated and cooled seats, touch screen in the dash which is one of my "must haves", I am really leaning toward this as my next! Needless to say it was in my dreams last night.. :lol:

Here is the exact car I looked at.
http://www.saabofmemphis.com/detail-2011-saab-9~4x-aero-new-7618332.html

·
Registered
833 Posts
I agree the 9-4X is a pretty sharp vehicle (nicer looking than the SRX in my opinion). Too bad it didn't sell better; I remember hearing that the old 9-7x was actually a good seller for the few years it was out and the 9-4 is so much better...guess the buying public didn't see it that way. :lol:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is sad that most people don't know about Saab, but at the same time I like it cause I like having a car that you don't see everyday. They ask what do you drive, you tell them, and then they have no idea what your talking about. I personally wouldn't buy a 9-7 because it looks so much like the GMC Envoy, I mean even the interior is the same right down to the steering wheel. Saab should have come up with a different interior design for that car, it was almost like they were lazy and just rebadged the Envoy, of course they were probably just doing what GM wanted them to do, and thats why I am somewhat glad they let Saab go. Automotive brands should be able to have there own design and idea's within there companies budget. I am glad they stopped production on the 9-7 and came out with the 9-4x just before the bankruptcy. The crossover screams Saab and is more on the side of what I would want out of the automaker. I don't want to be know for driving a "cheap" or "Re-Badged" vehicle. I know if something happens to my 03 9-3 Sedan, I know what I will be getting.;ol;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts