SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help ...

My drivers seat has a mind of it's own :evil:

If I use the control to move it forwards or backwards it only goes in really short bursts/movements ... not in one complete motion.

And the other night it kept wanting to go forward and I had to keep pushing the button to go backwards to stop from getting crunched going forward.

So, is this a short in electronic control? Or, do I need to contact a priest to get rid of some Saab Demon??:evil: :evil: :evil:

Advice

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hope you find an answer and let me know. About a year ago I left my windows down through a sudden thunderstorm and the drivers seat has done exactly the same as yours since it dried out,(short bursts of movement). I adjusted it to my liking and left it there. The switch price is outrageous, so......????? Might have to take the seat out to do any troublshooting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night was 100% humitity ... thinking that was a big contributer to problem.

I am going to try to play with it this weekend ... re-set any fittings and see if electric connectors all look OK ...
More information to follow

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I hope it's just the switches, because the seat controller (for programmable type) is almost $1000. If you can remove the switch cover, try spraying some contact cleaner, which should also dry out any moisture.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on stopping by auto-supply place this evening.

I am pretty sure that that is all that it is ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts