SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this happened to any one else and if so how much was it to fix and was it a big job
Im still driving my 98 9-3 but the red warning triangle and airbag lights getting annoying
Im presuming a sensors picked up a problem so the list of possible faults is limited
Ive not had chance to speak to a dealer yet but wanted to get a ball park figure so i now what to expect

Thanks

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Mine has been on for over a year and a half now... Don't know if the issue is the same, and mine is a 99 SE, but I took to my mechanic(not dealer) and he said there is a service bulletin on the issue, but it is only released to dealerships. Went to the dealership and they wanted $350 to fix:eek:

I am the only one who drives my Saab, so I will take my chances until I get a spare $350... It isn't THAT annoying:roll: ;)

X

·
0 Posts
Andyz, Had a similar problem on my 9-5. took it to a dealer with a tech 2. He plugged it in tickled the buttons for about 2 mins. Said ok all is fixed and charged me £35 :eek: But I guess if it is a known issue like 99saabnut suggests it may cost more.. :confused:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mine was ON when clockspring died. Replacement was 115$, but that warning could be up to meny other things. How about your horn and steering wheel controls, are they working properly? If they do, 99% it's not the clockspring aka "SRS wheel ring". BTW, Tech2 showed nothing on my warning, we figured by horn & controls on the wheel what was wrong.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi mate i have also had the same problem,with airbag lights coming on and going off.i had mine checked out and it was the wiring harness for the drivers side airbag.this is a known problem, saab technical service bulletin 850-2108 ,which talks about spurious alarms from side airbags. its caused by the wiring from the srs computer to both side airbags not being crimped tight enough,so with a little vibration the wire disconnects for a split second and brings up an alarm, not sure if yours is the same.i was quoted about £120 ($240).i havnt had it done. i read somewhere that if there is no fault present or reaccurring,then after 40 restarts the light will go off,and mine did.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
As an aside, on the GM900, there is a connector under the dashboard to the Steering Wheel air-bag which works loose - it is sub-standard. Closing one of the doors harder than usual, or even going over a hefty speed bump, may, in the course of time, disconnect, or loosen it, hence the warning light. Replace, or make good, and Tech II is the only course. (£15-20)

If the SRS light is on, your air-bags will not deploy.​

I strongly advise that anyone with the SRS light showing gets it sorted IMMEDIATELY.

HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts