SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My 2010 SC would not start all the sudden. The car has seated for 5 days, then I started this morning no problem and driving around town. Then, I tried to Advance auto parts to pick up some new wiper for other car. When I tried to start the car in their parking lot, it couldn't start and the needle just shaking. And my key was locked. I went in to try to ask the staff to check my battery and help me to jump. The machine said my battery need charge. The window on the battery is green, so I assume the battery still good. One of the customer saw me and offer help to jump my car. He has a big Dodge Van. Then my car can get on, the SID check OK. It just can crank one, but it wont start. Finally, I decided disconnect the battery and left it there to charge and go back tomorrow to find out what is wrong.

Do you guys has any idea? The battery was completely drains. I cant even unlock the hatch. Is anything need to pay attention, when I reconnect the battery? The car just 18 months old. Would that be a starter or alternator? One unlucky thing, when I locked all the door and try to use the key to unlock the door. The key could not turn, and I turned so hard the key and plastic head broke. That is such design flaw. the key cant hold the turn.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Battery or alternator. Most likely the battery(it doesn't always matter how old it is, sometimes they just die).

Also, I couldn't help but laugh when I read you broke your key...if it didn't turn(because the electric lock wouldn't disengage), why would you try and turn it HARDER? I mean yea, try a little harder, but you BROKE the key. That must have been a ton of force...Good luck getting a new one.

I'd put my money on the battery needing replacing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The broken key was my bad luck. I was hold the edge of the key knob, and I didn't know how far the key suppose to go. At first, it did not go both way and I finally can turned to the right and turn to the left. The lock didn't move. So I force so much to the right then it broke. I just went to my car with my another key. It turned both way easily, and I can unlock the door (turning left). I was so bad luck to turn right at first try, but that still the key on the soft plastic key knob. It was the first time, I put my key in. I think it is all manual not electric engaged. What I meant I broke the key is like the plastic holder that glue with the metal key are separated on one side. I just need to fill up glue in. I think they melt the plastic at the end the key.

Just hope it is the battery charged and can get start the car tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts