SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced the distributor cap and rotor as well in my saab, i was told that was the reason it was stalling out everytime i drove it.. car will not turn over and it turns but even cuts out while trying to start it.. what do you think is the issue? How can i solve this problem? :x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Has it started since you changed the cap and rotor? When you say it doesn't turn over - do you mean it doesn't start, fire up and run? Or do you mean the engine literally will not turn over when you trun the key to the start position?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
i just replaced the distributor cap and rotor as well in my saab, i was told that was the reason it was stalling out everytime i drove it.. car will not turn over and it turns but even cuts out while trying to start it.. what do you think is the issue? How can i solve this problem? :x
"car will not turn over" what kind of treats are you offering it? Did you disconnect the ground wire to the distributor body? And I agree with double checking the firing order. When was the last time you checked the gap on the plugs or changed them? I pulled a set of autolites out of one of my cars and they were gapped to .060 (should be .024-.028).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was turning but not firing.. then it felt like the battery died and now it wont even turn over... ill try making sure i put the wires on right.. i matched the bosch cap with the other one.. and i put the wires on the same way but someone gave me a picture of the books wire order and their order.:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill check the plugs as well.. one seems to be loose.. i have my friend looking at it maybe tomorrow.. ill keep all of you updated.. thanks for all the great information... anyone got parts for a 92 for sale??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts