SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, here are some pics of my Swedish twins!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xkreal/my_photos

I figured I'd post a pic of two of my most prized cars. I bought each off of ebay at seperate times during the past year and a half - and ironically both came from New Jersey(I am from OHIO, and paid for each car to be delivered). Cars were not the same area, and these cars had no connection to eachother). I am the second owner of each car.

VOLVO: 1993 850 GLT 5 speed manual. Gray leather, cold weather package, moonroof, etc (COLD AC!). I have owner's manual, window sticker, original key, owner's video (never opened still in plastic) receipts of every repair/service since day 1, last owner ALWAYS ran premium fuel, spare tire has never been touched. Leather, dash, carpet, etc absolute MINT. Everything works, no rust, dings, nothing. All original. I have since added painted pinstripping, a sunroof deflector, a UK custom front plate, a rear trunk strap-on bike rack, some Swedish emblems & decal, fog lights, motorized CD player, woodgrain dash kit, new tires, car cover, 5spd emblem on the back. I log my gas, always use premium & save every receipt. This is an amazing car, and I keep it so clean!

SAAB: 1989 Saab 900 Turbo 5spd Convertible w/ cold weather package, SPG body kit, wheels, fog lights, swedish emblems/badges, gray leather, woodgrain dash kit, factory SPG exhaust, etc (COLD AC!). The leather, carpet, dash, etc are all absolute mint, no cracks tears or anything (spare tire never been touched). I have original owner's manual, window sticker, key, all receipts for service/repairs. PLUS! I have a log book from the original owner (at which I continue to log aswell) for every single tank of gas put in this car since he bought it new in 1989 off of the show room floor - always premium, logs mileage, price, gallons, etc. I have added new tires, custom UK front plate, cd player, car cover, cup holder/change din and thats that. This car is my baby - not one dent, spec of rust, or anything. All original and amazing.

Here is a pic of the cars from a month and a half ago, before I added the UK plates and the bike rack(on the volvo). I keep these cars as clean as they can be, always with a full tank of gas and the saab garaged. I am only 19 years old so I can only afford to rent half the garage out, lol.

My others cars are also Chrysler Conquest TSI/Mitsubishi Starion's turbo 2.6L...I have quite a few of these cars..with some of the rarest items ever available for them aswell. I LOVE MY CARS!

[email protected]

·
Registered
325 Posts
That grey metalic is the best colour for c900's. Just a shame that they're quite rare. If the money ever came along, I'd have mine that colour.

What a lovely pair of Sweeds.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Isn't this some form or blasphemy? A Saab and a Volvo in the same house? Isn't that something like being a Yankees and Red Sox fan?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
very nice cars!!! ur in the states and a 5-speed volvo with all the options (except auto) is prob one of none! 5cyl volvo engines are excellent! your convertable is in exception condition and it has soem nice touches, well done! finally someone who is crazy liek me and keeps their cars spotless. since summer started, i wash my car every second day rather than the normal twice a week. i do loads of driving in mine so i keep it looking A-1 too! they always run better and go faster when they are clean, full of gas, and in perfect tune!

but i must ask you! which car is more fun to drive? which one feels faster? which one do you get more compliments?

my friend who has a 5-speed fully loaded (even leather) 5-speed volvo 740 (also a touch rare), and he will droul over your 850 when i show him! lol

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
saabchilten said:
theyre both swedish cars. what do you expect?
Well, I guess that I expect people to understand the reference.:roll:

In Sweden, Saab and Volvo are like Ford and Chevy are to pickup owners here in the US -- you're one or the other, and rarely do people have one of each.

At least that's the running joke. That would be pointed out here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Aside from the fact that I keep them so clean, the best feeling is knowing that I worked hard for these cars, and payed for them myself. I am only 19 years old, so when I take either of them to car shows and someone says 'that must be your dad's car' I get very angry!! :evil:

If it were a nice summer day, I'd say the best to drive would be the conv.

If I were crusing on the highway with the girlfriend, I'd say the Volvo.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts