SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked my '04 9-3 in a garage for the last two months. When I went to start it. My remote wouldn't open the door, no lights came on and I couldn't turn the key. :cry: The dealership told me how to put the car in gear by pressing the little yellow button in front of the gear shift. I tried boosting it and could get the lights to come on for a minute but it still wouldn't start. I just bought the battery last year, so I took it and exchanged it for a new one. The car still won't start. Can someone please advise me? I just started a new job and really need my car, but, I can't afford nor do I have time to take it to the dealership right now. Do I need to make time and find the money to take it to the dealership. If so, can someone tell me what may be wrong? I'm a woman that really knows nothing about cars.:confused:

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Find a good local mechanic, one that specializes in Saab or other European make and take it to them. If you have to use the car to get to work, then it's a bad time to learn DIY skills.

As to what can be wrong, it can be so many things that it would be difficult for any of us to give you advice, especially if are unable to rule out certain things.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
if you locked your car with the remote, when you parked it, but could not get it to unlock with the remote and had to unlock it with the key the immobilizer may be active. install the new battery sync the remote with the car (by pressing the unlock or lock button 3 or more times) lock then unlock the car with the remote, and you should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts