SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bad habit resting my arm on the ridge where the window controls are and with the bone interior it shows. ive triend turtle wax carpet cleaner which works well on the carpet but i think it made it worse

has anyone had any luck getting this thing looking clean? it baffles me saab made it a light color, im almost considering getting it reupholsterd..

also has anyone gotten away with replacing the bone carpet with generic black automotive carpet? ive seen it done before but i think it may have just pulled out of another saab with the black molded carpet

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i have a bad habit resting my arm on the ridge where the window controls are and with the bone interior it shows. ive triend turtle wax carpet cleaner which works well on the carpet but i think it made it worse

has anyone had any luck getting this thing looking clean? it baffles me saab made it a light color, im almost considering getting it reupholsterd..
First thing, don't use turtle wax! Turtle wax sucks. Everybody trusts it since it's been around so long but their products really aren't good. Secondly... are you using carpet cleaner on vinyl? If so bad idea. If you have a local auto body supply shop see if you can pick up some Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner. You can dilute it to use it on all different stuff. But it can be used as a vinyl/leather/carpet/etc. cleaner. If not, try Mother's VLR. I've been told is pretty good stuff. Or you can go with Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner.

The carpet can almost always be saved. Just needs a good cleaning. You'd most likely need to get it steam cleaned at this point. But if you do, you can use fabric guard and protect it after and take care of it. If you don't clean it regularly it will look like crap again quickly.

·
Registered
952 Posts
He is talking about the Fabric on the interior door panel where the pull handle is. Yes, I am wanting to get mine redone to..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts